Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone had a problem with their key fob not locking the doors?

Old 02-23-2007, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone had a problem with their key fob not locking the doors?

Every now and then when I try to lock my doors with the key fob I get no response. If I open the door, put the key in the ignition, pull it out and shut the door and the key fob will lock the door. Has anyone else experienced this? I looked in the TSB list and didn't see anything related to the door locks.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:37 PM
JK Newbie

I haven't had that problem... but mine likes to honk and spray the windshield... sometimes turning on the radio, when I use the remote to unlock.

They did all the flashes they could do last time it was in... it's still happening.. I'm hoping I can get them to replace the keyfob receiver...or whatever the keyfob talks to... no one else seems to have this issues with the sprayer/honks....
Old 02-23-2007, 10:06 PM
dsr
JK Newbie

Mine does the same thing. It is very intermittant in nature. The problem seemed to start after the remote starter was put on. I would be interested to know if you have a remote starter in your jeep. They have new parts ordered for my remote starter because the left tail light does not come on when started with the remote. Someone else posted that they recalled all the mopar remote starter for " intermittant irregularities" after installation. ?????? Thank you for posting this because my dealer thinks I'm crazy because it wont ever do it when it is there.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dsr
Mine does the same thing. It is very intermittant in nature. The problem seemed to start after the remote starter was put on. I would be interested to know if you have a remote starter in your jeep. They have new parts ordered for my remote starter because the left tail light does not come on when started with the remote. Someone else posted that they recalled all the mopar remote starter for " intermittant irregularities" after installation. ?????? Thank you for posting this because my dealer thinks I'm crazy because it wont ever do it when it is there.
Not sure if you're referring to my post, or not, but I will reply anyway. :toung:

I do not have the remote starter installed. That's the first thing the service tech asked me when I told them I was having problems with it...

I'd be interested to know, are you referring to me, when you say yours does the same thing? Seems I'm the only one, that has a Jeep that sprays the windshield when it unlocks the doors.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:24 PM
dsr
JK Newbie

No windshield spraying but my key fob does just "lock up" occasionally. Drives me nuts. Usually does it when my hands are full and its raining.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

I have the MOPAR remote starter, and occasionally I have this problem, the keyfob will not respond to a lock command. I will then lock the doors from the inside, come back later... and the unlock won't work either. So I use my key in the physical lock, when I open the door, the alarm goes off. So I have to quickly put the key in the ignition and start the car in order to stop the horn from honking!

Why does this happen and how to stop it?
Old 05-06-2007, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

Well, some things have happened since I last posted here about my problem. After 3 trips to the dealer, and an E-Mail to DCX about my ongoing problem ~ they replaced some "TIPM" Module this last time, and I haven't had it honk on unlock, yet. It used to happen at least once a week, sometimes a few times a day... it's been nearly 3 weeks since I've had it in for service.

When I had it in this last time, the dealership said they were working with Chrysler on this issue... I'm not sure if they actually duplicated it, or if DCX just told them to fix it... either way, I'm much happier.

Hope this helps!
Old 05-06-2007, 10:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

my radio turns on sometimes when i unlock the doors... havent had the washer spray yet lol
Old 11-16-2012, 11:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by badams
Every now and then when I try to lock my doors with the key fob I get no response. If I open the door, put the key in the ignition, pull it out and shut the door and the key fob will lock the door. Has anyone else experienced this? I looked in the TSB list and didn't see anything related to the door locks.

Reviving a 6 year old thread. I have a 2012 and twice I've had this happen. Figured out that if you put the key in the ignition and then get back out and close the door, everything is fine again. Just figured I'd post my issue in case someone else had the same issue.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:25 PM
JK Newbie

Bringing back a really old thread but I am having this same issue. Key fob randomly locks up completely. Can put the key in ignition and turn it on and everything is fine again. Anyone ever figure out the fix for this ?

Quick Reply: Anyone had a problem with their key fob not locking the doors?