Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Average alignment cost

Old 10-14-2014, 09:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Average alignment cost

I couldn't find anything on here on the average cost for an alignment. I know for my previous car *bmw* the dealer would charge me $250. Does anyone know how much it typically runs?
Old 10-14-2014, 10:11 PM
JK Junkie

$90-$100
Old 10-14-2014, 10:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
$90-$100
Thanks!
Old 10-15-2014, 05:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid $179 for lifetime alignments at firestone complete autocare. So whenever I need an alignment I can go back and they redo it for no charge, that's going to come in real handy since It needs to go back as I change suspension stuff up.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:10 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Baddkarmaracing
I paid $179 for lifetime alignments at firestone complete autocare. So whenever I need an alignment I can go back and they redo it for no charge, that's going to come in real handy since It needs to go back as I change suspension stuff up.
that's a sweet deal. Can yo get this done even if you move from the area? Do other Firestones cover the work?
Old 10-15-2014, 06:33 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

not a whole lot that can be adjusted unless you have adjustable control arms or a cam bolt kit (most recommend against these) other then toe-in. I am guessing unless it is an actual 4x4 shop they would not mess with your adjustable control arms anyway.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid $100 recently
Old 10-20-2014, 12:44 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by SF_E60
I couldn't find anything on here on the average cost for an alignment. I know for my previous car *bmw* the dealer would charge me $250. Does anyone know how much it typically runs?
Assuming that the info on your profile is correct and complete, it appears you have no mods. That said, there are two things the alignment shop can align:
  • Toe
  • Steering Wheel Centering

Both of these can be adjusted in your driveway in about 15 minutes with a couple basic hand tools and a measuring tape. Here is the procedure on how to do that:

Basic Do-it-Yourself Jeep JK Wrangler Front End Alignment

Ignore the other procedures there because you've not replaced those OEM parts with adjustable components (assuming your profile is complete). If you take it to an alignment shop, they will give you a printout with a whole bunch of numbers that they cannot change unless you wish to add mods to your Jeep. It's a waste of money to ever use an alignment shop unless you have reason to suspect that you actually bent something and may need some (likely major and expensive) repair work, and you need that printout to tell help determine what is bent.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My local Big O charges $25 to put it on the rack and hand me a read out which is all I want. Like Mark says, there isn't much to it but if you do have adjustable arms, the initial alignment will give you a datum to go by for caster angle. Once you know what it actually is via the alignment readout, then it's just a matter of using your angle finder to make caster adjustments from there on your own.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just don't get large tires.... I live in the motor city and have found only two shops that can handle 37s. Only one could handle 37s on beadlocks. Total pain in the butt.

Agree that normally an alignment is $90-$100. As noted above, cool shops will give you a readout or a small fee. I'd still have them adjust it on the rack. My tie rod sees a lot of abuse and I'd love to pay $25 to find out if my toe is out once in a while.

Quick Reply: Average alignment cost