Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best Batteries

Old 08-27-2015, 12:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoysRig
I will NEVER buy another Sears Diehard ever again. The last 2 have gone bad early. The last one was 5 months and less than 1000 miles on it before it went bad. And it went bad in a really bad way. I was pulling into Ouray from Denver and I had a very strong rotten egg smell. It was the battery boiling over and spewing acid along with hydrochloric Sulfate fumes. This stuff can ignite with just a spark. I had to let the battery cool down and I headed to the nearest town with a automotive store and that was O'rileys. They ran a test on the battery and the alternator. Turned out it was a bad cell on the battery. Sure Sears would have replaced it under warranty, but guess where the nearest Sears was, 100 miles north in Grand Junction. There was no way I was going to risk having this thing boil over again so I had them throw in one of their batteries. I had the same issue with a Firebird about a 1 1/2 ago having a battery go bad with less than 1000 miles. With fewer and fewer Sears being around and stores closing more and more, I don't ever want to have to drive all over to get a battery replaced under warranty. And BTW this was a Gold AGM battery.
Horror story for sure. And by the way didn't we meet up a few years ago and do Ophir pass to Black Bear pass? Your username sounds familiar. That would have been 2012 I think. Would of had my 2DR then
Old 08-27-2015, 02:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-jeepit
Horror story for sure. And by the way didn't we meet up a few years ago and do Ophir pass to Black Bear pass? Your username sounds familiar. That would have been 2012 I think. Would of had my 2DR then
I did BBP in 2012 but took Imogene back to Ouray that year. 08/02/2012 Click image for larger version

Name:	20120802_102957[1].jpg
Views:	288
Size:	3.61 MB
ID:	622901
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20120802_103638[1].jpg
Views:	214
Size:	3.18 MB
ID:	622900  
Old 08-27-2015, 06:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default just curious when you replace

the battery on a jk / does it mess up the ecu or any thing that will change any thing
? Or just swap it out like any other vehicle . mines almost 4 years old still starts fine
Almost hate to replace it but better than finding out the hard way . but honestly mines been a dam good battery i bet it would keep right on working. wonder if i should keep it for a spare ? or just give it as the core ? its still shiney new haha and norther nh winters are brutal here never even studders - 30 temps

id want to keep it atleast the same cca , correct ???? the walmart site .

EverStart Maxx Lead Acid Automotive Battery, Group Size H5 - Walmart.com

heres what mine says cca 600sae cca 475 en im a bit confused ?? want to make sure i get the right one. i guess the battery they show has 650 cca should be good . what do ya think?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2737 (2).jpg
Views:	176
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	622914  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 08-27-2015 at 06:59 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
the battery on a jk / does it mess up the ecu or any thing that will change any thing
? Or just swap it out like any other vehicle . mines almost 4 years old still starts fine
Almost hate to replace it but better than finding out the hard way . but honestly mines been a dam good battery i bet it would keep right on working. wonder if i should keep it for a spare ? or just give it as the core ? its still shiney new haha and norther nh winters are brutal here never even studders - 30 temps

id want to keep it atleast the same cca , correct ???? the walmart site .

EverStart Maxx Lead Acid Automotive Battery, Group Size H5 - Walmart.com

heres what mine says cca 600sae cca 475 en im a bit confused ?? want to make sure i get the right one. i guess the battery they show has 650 cca should be good . what do ya think?
Yeah look at the sae. And look for a 720-730 cold crank, especially if you are running or looking to run a winch.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:06 PM
JK Junkie

Default ok thanks

but i wont be running a winch , least i doubt! but u never know right ?
if they make it with higher cca that would be on the hit list i guess . gotta get movin on it winters around the corner .
Old 08-27-2015, 11:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bryanluu
lol. Odyssey is the best out there.
They are good but northstar, xs power, are far better. juicebox batteries will compete or beat them. Juicebox has a lithium battery now, and they are complete monsters.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bombout800
They are good but northstar, xs power, are far better. juicebox batteries will compete or beat them. Juicebox has a lithium battery now, and they are complete monsters.
LOL! $1,500 battery. Well hell give me 2 of those.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
? Or just swap it out like any other vehicle .
No ECU issues or anything. I actually had to replace mine this morning and just swapped it out in the Sears parking on my way to work.
Old 08-28-2015, 02:31 PM
JK Junkie

Default ok thanks for reply on that,

Originally Posted by Grant09
No ECU issues or anything. I actually had to replace mine this morning and just swapped it out in the Sears parking on my way to work.

wasnt sure on these . i notice when dealers do a update they tend to drive different for like 100 miles or less then every thing seems normal , so i didnt know if there was that same type of effect . thanks
Old 09-10-2015, 01:44 PM
JK Junkie

Default well replaced the stock one today

went with the ever last maxx h6 730 cca $117.98 (not to bad )

•5 Year Warranty Program (3 Years Free Replacement + 2 Years Pro Rated)

The factory one would be 4 years old next month and it was still working fine & looked like new.
but couldnt risk it anymore . Not worth getting stuck . one less thing to worry about i guess.

Last edited by jeepmojo; 09-10-2015 at 01:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Best Batteries