Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

unremovable door

Old 07-03-2009, 02:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unremovable door

so its starting to get hot and stay hot around here so i went to take off the doors today. i have a sahara and the plug in for the passenger door is broken. usually you would have to push the plastic part down to release the plugs but the flat push button thing has broke off. i dont know when or how this happened because that thing was tucked up in the dash
has this happened to anybody else? any quick fixs or should i take it to jeep for a replacement?
thanks
Old 07-03-2009, 04:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

when a plug thumb release breaks in the shop we just plug it in securely and run a couple of pieces of tape around it....
Old 07-03-2009, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MopeJK
so its starting to get hot and stay hot around here so i went to take off the doors today. i have a sahara and the plug in for the passenger door is broken. usually you would have to push the plastic part down to release the plugs but the flat push button thing has broke off. i dont know when or how this happened because that thing was tucked up in the dash
has this happened to anybody else? any quick fixs or should i take it to jeep for a replacement?
thanks
Try a cable tie if you like......but I bet it will stay connected just fine without the tab. Only way I'd take it in to the dealer is if it they would repair under warranty, which i think it should be if you are still under the 36/36000.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:36 PM
JK Freak

First time I took my 4 doors off, I purposely broke off all 4 of the red tab lockers and U shaped
holder thingys. There is enough friction to hold them on. If a problem, like stated, I would
simply tape them together. Makes it much easier to connect and disconnect.

Last edited by blazer4949; 07-04-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:13 PM
JK Newbie

i was just thinking to break it off but didnt know if it would work. but i did it and im just using the red tab to hold it in. thanks blazer

Quick Reply: unremovable door