Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

brake pedal rattle

Old 10-06-2012, 11:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default brake pedal rattle

My brake pedal rattles over bumps sending vibrations and noise through the steering wheel. Is there a fix for this?
Old 10-06-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not that I'm sure it will fix your problem, but ceramic pads seem to fair better with vibration/squeaks..... just a thought....
Old 10-07-2012, 01:18 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC
Not that I'm sure it will fix your problem, but ceramic pads seem to fair better with vibration/squeaks..... just a thought....
I don't think that will help as its my pedal that's physically loose in the bracket that it pivots in.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC
I wonder if people actually read posts?
My pedal does the same thing, I have to use my right foot to apply pressure to the side of the pedal to keep the noise down.
I plan on taking it off an see if I can machine a better fitting bushing.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:57 AM
JK Junkie

I think im going back to the dealer, I think I have a 100k drivetrain warranty...see if they can get something done under that!....its horrible tho.

If you get a bushing that works...I will buy some off you for sure...thats my only gripe about my jk now!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:36 AM
JK Newbie

I just noticed mine doing this same exact thing while I was wheeling yesterday. My Jeep has 2k miles on it too! Thing is, it's a Jeep, these types of rattles and imperfections should pretty much be expected. If you spend your entire time of ownership chasing down issues like this, you'll never enjoy it!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:01 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 4-Lo
I just noticed mine doing this same exact thing while I was wheeling yesterday. My Jeep has 2k miles on it too! Thing is, it's a Jeep, these types of rattles and imperfections should pretty much be expected. If you spend your entire time of ownership chasing down issues like this, you'll never enjoy it!
I love it, but this one is really bad. I can live with the normal jk steering clunk. But this one is brutal...
Old 10-17-2012, 06:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kojack
My brake pedal rattles over bumps sending vibrations and noise through the steering wheel. Is there a fix for this?
My 2013 also just started doing it...less than 2k and i do a lot of washboard gravel road driving...drives me crazy...
Old 10-22-2012, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

i have also noticed this on my 2013 jku. I will be working on a fix this week.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:26 PM
JK Junkie

New bushings in on friday, took apart the whole bracket system that holds the brake. just like a new JEEP....im much happier now...mine was reallly really bad!

Quick Reply: brake pedal rattle