Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

brake pedal rattle

Old 03-24-2013, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had this irritating issue for the last 34000 km and dealer won't do anything they say its normal and just the way it's designed. It sucks because it feels like an old junker because of this. Do you have any pictures of your fix for this? after two years of listening to my pedal bounce around I would be a very happy camper to find a fix.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Same issue here on '13 JKU. Haven't taken to dealer but doubt they will do anything. Any quick fix for this?

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 05-10-2013, 02:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same issue here. Especially on dirt roads it sounds horrible.... Took it to the dealer and they said its supposed to do that for safety reasons. But I need to fix this myself because its driving me crazy
Old 05-10-2013, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

The play is in the top bushing where the pedal Hinges on. Going to try and wrap electrical tape very tight in there see if it kinda jams between frame and bushing, may stop it.. Let ya know..

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 05-10-2013, 07:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kojack
New bushings in on friday, took apart the whole bracket system that holds the brake. just like a new JEEP....im much happier now...mine was reallly really bad!
Do you happen to have the part number?
Old 05-30-2013, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Any good fix for this yet I also have talked to the dealer and they said its just how it's designed how retarded is that?
Old 05-10-2014, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kojack
New bushings in on friday, took apart the whole bracket system that holds the brake. just like a new JEEP....im much happier now...mine was reallly really bad!
Hey Kojack,

I have been having the same issue. Took it to the dealer and they ordered bushings. Then they told me they need the jeep for 1-2 days because installing the bushings requires pulling apart the entire dash. Is this true? Is this what you had to do. I haven't taken it in cause i don't want to give up my jeep for 2 days let alone have them pulling apart my dash creating more issues and rattles.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They have access to the brake pedal by taking off the the panel under the steering wheel. I did this when i added a snap ring to help with the rattle. Do not understand why the have to take apart your dash board.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Trying to come up with a fix
Old 06-28-2015, 08:06 PM
JK Newbie

I too would like to know how to at least reduce this rattling noise if not eliminate it completely. That said I've noticed it in most of the trucks that I've driven off road.

Quick Reply: brake pedal rattle