Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Broken connector on harness side of starter. Jeep JK 2015. Please help!!!

Old 02-21-2017, 01:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken connector on harness side of starter. Jeep JK 2015. Please help!!!

I had a friend change out my starter for me and in the process he broke the connector that comes from the harness to the starter(single yellow wire on the black connector). Does anybody know if I can just replace the connector without having to replace the whole harness????? Please help!! I've looked everywhere.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:44 AM
JK Newbie

Default Broken connector on harness side of starter. Jeep JK 2015. Please help!!!

I had a buddy change out the starter on my 2015 Jeep JK and in the process he broke the connector. Does anybody know if I can replace the connector without having to replace the whole harness?? Please help!!
Old 02-21-2017, 01:46 AM
JK Newbie

I had a friend change out the starter on my 2015 Jeep JK. In the process he broke the connector. Does anybody know if I can replace just the connector without having to replace the whole harness??? Please help!!!!
Old 02-21-2017, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Should be a standard Chrysler plug . I would hit up a local auto wrecker and and see if you can find one that matches. How many wires on the plug ?
Old 02-21-2017, 08:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

probably just the solenoid trigger wire. just get another plug and splice it on or buy a new plug from the dealership and put i on.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JeeP_MarK
Should be a standard Chrysler plug . I would hit up a local auto wrecker and and see if you can find one that matches. How many wires on the plug ?
I've tried every wrecker within 150 miles and nobody has a Jeep JK. It's a one prong plug. I have even tried the dealership and seems like they are just out to make a shit ton load of money from me.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
probably just the solenoid trigger wire. just get another plug and splice it on or buy a new plug from the dealership and put i on.
Yeah it's the solenoid trigger wire. I can't find it anywhere.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

How is it broken? is the plastic clip broken or is the hole thing F-cked. Can you remove the wire metal end from the plastic molex part so that it can pushed over the alternator prong till you find a a replacement. You can an also cut the end of and use a small female spade connector like the use with car speakers not the wide one just use a pair of needle nose plier to make it a little tighter.might work as a bush fix

Last edited by JeeP_MarK; 02-22-2017 at 04:23 AM.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=JeeP_MarK;4279027]How is it broken? is the plastic clip broken or is the hole thing F

Yeah the clip on the female side is broken. I have it set up bush style at the moment, I'm just worried about getting the proper connection and water corroding the electrical pin. Sometimes, randomly the Jeep will not start without wiggling the wire while someone else cranks up the engine.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:26 AM
JK Freak

Try this website for a part number then EBay it.

http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm

Quick Reply: Broken connector on harness side of starter. Jeep JK 2015. Please help!!!