Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Busted windshield

Old 03-30-2015, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield

Has anyone seen that windshield protector? Its similar to what you put on your cell phones as screen protectors. I'm thinking also adding windshield insurance just for piece of mind.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Windshield Protector

Jeep Wrangler Windshield Protection Kit - ClearPlex
Old 03-30-2015, 06:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DEADRABBIT31
Anybody else getting the same back order story in regards to there windshield ? I was told by Safelite that I might not be able to get my Wrangler windshield replaced until June, WTF ? And when I called my local Jeep dealership they told me that they don't do glass , again WTF ?
I'm in Colorado. I was told 1 month and got s call for it 3 days later. With wranglers selling so damn fast, units are slated for production as opposed to repairs.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sierra141
Has anyone seen that windshield protector? Its similar to what you put on your cell phones as screen protectors. I'm thinking also adding windshield insurance just for piece of mind.
I've looked at the ClearPlex option and have read and heard it works ok until the wipers start scratching it up. Also only lasts about a year. If you try it, let us know how it works.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
I'm in Colorado. I was told 1 month and got s call for it 3 days later. With wranglers selling so damn fast, units are slated for production as opposed to repairs.
Same here - quoted at 4-6 weeks last month, and got a call the next day to setup an appointment. Mopar glass too so I don't know where the long original wait numbers are coming from...
Old 04-02-2015, 01:03 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by Sirb
Same here - quoted at 4-6 weeks last month, and got a call the next day to setup an appointment. Mopar glass too so I don't know where the long original wait numbers are coming from...
Yah I'm sure new production vehicles can't get replacement parts I smell Trolls or people who's moms are too busy to make arrangements. OR IF people are living in B-F nowhere and going to Joe's garage..... come on it's a windshield and the factorIES that produce them are just praying that more need replacing. They don't work out of caves with seven dwarfs just trying to keep up
Old 04-02-2015, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 101gargoyles
Yah I'm sure new production vehicles can't get replacement parts I smell Trolls or people who's moms are too busy to make arrangements. OR IF people are living in B-F nowhere and going to Joe's garage..... come on it's a windshield and the factorIES that produce them are just praying that more need replacing. They don't work out of caves with seven dwarfs just trying to keep up
Haha truly
Old 04-09-2015, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

My local automotive glass company has them, never had a backorder issue...always cracking them...i think i pay 100 per glass then 40 for tint
Old 04-22-2015, 01:05 AM
Former Member

So I guess the 7 dwarfs in the cave are keeping up to the demand
Old 06-08-2015, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hi Ho Hi Ho, its off to work wee go.....................whistle, whistle..............
Time to make the windshields!!

Quick Reply: Busted windshield