Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

car alarm / keyless entry wigging out

Old 02-11-2016, 08:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car alarm / keyless entry wigging out

I started a previous thread about my key as I thought the key was the problem. Today I was working on my rig and I watched my car lock and really lock and really lock itself over and over. I started it up, pulled in the drive way, shut it off and it started locking itself, like every 2 or 3 seconds. I thought it was the key. If I even tapped the key it would do it. Well while working on my rig with the key sitting on the dash it was still trying to lock it self. It did it for a few minutes then just stayed locked. So I'm guessing g since the key wasn't being touched the problem is with the jeep???

There is a karr alarm sticker on the window but I think it's been removed. There are so screw holes in the bottom of the dash and the wiring under the dash has a bunch of add on connectors.

Anyone experience there jeep doing this before? I am at my wits end!
Old 02-17-2016, 09:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Incase anyone has a similar problem, today I had a regular alarm put in the Jeep and I pulled the battery from the key fob, PROBLEM SOLVED! and I got 2 remotes and an alarm for 1/2 of 1 new key.

Quick Reply: car alarm / keyless entry wigging out