Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

CEL/DTC Help Needed

Old 03-16-2014, 09:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEL/DTC Help Needed

Well, I am finally tired of the christmas tree lit up on my dash, so I wanted to see if anyone can help out with ideas. First, I have done research and searched codes but have not found anyone with all the codes that I have. I am a college student and can't just throw money at it right now. I am very mechanically capable, but stupid computers nowadays make it virtually impossible to just fix something without having tried it first.

Jeep Specs: 2007 JKU X 4.5" RK lift with 37's, 5.13 gears, superchips flashpaq 87 tune

ESP BAS and Skid light is on, but no ABS light on. Cruise control is not working.
Getting codes:
C1219 Steering Angle Sensor Erratic Performance
C1240 Steering angle sensor Angle overtravel
C123F Steering Angle Sensor Comparative Performance
C123C Dynamics Sensor Mounting/Installation Performance

Maybe a bad clockspring? But what about the dynamics sensor? could that be throwing it all off?

Also getting "gascap" light and codes:
P0456 - Evap Purge System Small Leak
P0457 - Loose Fuel Cap

Have tried new mopar gas cap, aftermarket locking gas cap, etc. Convinced its not the gas cap. Where else should I check out?

Finally, have codes:
P0420 - Catalyst Efficiency (bank 1)
P0430 - Catalyst Efficiency (bank 2)

How do I even diagnose the last two?

Any help is much appreciated. Please be sure to refer to codes you are recommending solutions for so I can keep it all straight. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:39 PM
JK Newbie

Default Gas Cap loose P0456 P0457

Was also getting evap error messages , mil lights . Replaced gas cap and ESIM with no luck. Finally tried the Linear Purge Valve 4891731AA part.
All fixed for mil lights, gas cap error message ...
Old 07-29-2015, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Danjr, did you ever get the top set of codes fixed?

I'm currently getting C123F, C123C, and C1219 codes. The ESC dash light is only dash light on, the cruise control seems disabled (or at least intermittent), but the horn works fine and seems to drive fine with no other issues. I did have to re-center the steering wheel after a trail run this weekend (when it all started), but so far the light remains.

Please let me know if you have any insight. Thanks.

Quick Reply: CEL/DTC Help Needed