Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Changing sport fenders to Sahara color matched

Old 10-29-2014, 04:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Changing sport fenders to Sahara color matched

http://youtu.be/vX_WGY1yiXE
Old 10-31-2014, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad you like the flares and they look good. From a functionality stand point though, I would never want color matched flares. My black ones are all ripped up from rocks and whatnot flipped up into them from the tires. On top of that I can get replacements from classifieds super cheap should I rip them off or damage them.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just did the same thing. I had a Sahara before and I like the look but had no need for all the Sahara package options this time around. Mine is copperhead. But as mentioned it is harder to replace them if damaged. That's why I'm thinking of keeping my black ones. But also I don't care if they sustain trail damage.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:03 AM
JK Freak

Well I guess you can consider it backwards compatible I have never had the luxury of owning a Sahara and at the time I could not afford one there are several Sahara owners in our area and their flares seem to be holding up very well.

My JKU is not designated to be a Rockcrawler or a Mudster. It is a daily driver vehicle family trip vehicle and everything in between it gets used and abused from the family but I tried to clean her up every week vacuum all the crap out of her and pamper her.

I've got proof that I've taken her off-road on the jeep trails in our local area and plan to do so again in the near future

From a distance it looks like a stock JKU but it's hardly anything close to that. Instead of taking that money and putting a lift kit larger rims and tires and everything else I chose to spend that money for options that would suit us best as a family and a little added bonus for the fender flares
Old 11-02-2014, 04:05 PM
JK Newbie

That's what I want to do to my 13 rubicon. I have the color matched hardtop and hate how the black fenders fade so easily. I'd love to get some true blue fenders in perfect condition. But I like the hurricane fenders from rugged ridge too. Decisions decisions.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Did they ever fix your ticking motor ????

you seem pretty happy with it now . The other videos your tranny was shot as well as the ticking 3.6 ? Looks great with new fenders but mine get a bit to muddy in nh for painted matched , They do dress it up if you like the matched look . I prefer the contrast with the flat black ones though
(are you going to put sahara stickers on ?)

Last edited by jeepmojo; 11-03-2014 at 12:27 AM.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:03 PM
JK Freak

Jeepmojo !!!!!!! Well in a nutshell they stated a seal broke in my transmission that then broke one of the valves they then stated they put the entire rebuild kit replacing all the parts inside the transmission the transmission seems to be running fine however my air-conditioning recently just went out I brought it into the dealership they stated the condenser had a leak and that I had a rear seal on my axle leaking they ended up replacing everything however the Freon leaked out the next day. Ha ha I can't even stop laughing that's the only thing I can do is have a little sense of humor with all this. I'm supposed to bring the jeep back tomorrow for them to reattempt the AC fix

Last edited by Chadc880; 11-04-2014 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default mine still ticks pretty loud but it refuses to code grrrrrrrrr

in a way I hope it never does , its not like I want it taken apart . Tranny growls in neutral still on my 6 speed (roll over noise it seems ) but I realy like this jeep off road
and on . Its definitely not cream puff lol but I like its off road ability and its looks
But ill be honest not worth 30 grand over all imo. only because Chrysler dealers never seem to want to fix anything so its a wasted trip ad end up fixing myself on most everything . I don't bring it in for anything unless its broken completely . it will be 3 yeas old end of this month . enjoy
Old 11-05-2014, 05:51 PM
JK Freak

Looks great! I plan to do the same thing with the flares on my '09 X. Been looking for a video or something to confirm whether you could re-use the OEM hardware.

Thanks for this!
Old 11-25-2014, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LoneWolf
Looks great! I plan to do the same thing with the flares on my '09 X. Been looking for a video or something to confirm whether you could re-use the OEM hardware.

Thanks for this!
I just picked up a set of black Sahara flares for my 08 Red Rock JKU. I cut them into flats. My black textured factory flares are fading and starting to show their age. I hope all the hardware is reusable. I just assumed and didn't plan on buying new.

I know I'm not going color match. But I'm def pumped to hang these painted flares!! It's all about what YOU want. That blue color match looks great.

Quick Reply: Changing sport fenders to Sahara color matched