Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Check Engine light flashes and sudden loss of power

Old 02-23-2011, 10:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is only one code that causes a check engine light to flash, a misfire. The code will be p0300-p0306. Either random misfire, p0300, or it will identify the cylibder, p0301 is cylinder 1, p0302 is cylinder 2 and so on. Being that it comes and goes, I would venture a guess that it tends to happen more when it's raining or wet out? Most likely a bad spark plug or plug wire. Check the plug wire that runs close to the alternator bracket, see if it has any burn marks on it, or white residue. You could just twist it away from the bracket and see if it happens again.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The same thing happens to my JKU under the same condition. It seems to be right as I start up a hill and really get on it. Sudden loss of engine power and the light flashes. No code. Weird.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just had this happen to my 2014. I was accelerating up a hill and the check engine light started flashing and I lost power. It did this for about 30 seconds, then the check engine light turned off and power restored. no codes. Very frustrating to say the least. I got rid of my 2013 JKU after it left me stranded 4 times due to failed cam position sensors. Traded it in on the 2014, which until recently had no issues. If it persists, I am going to trade it in, then no more Chrysler products for me.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You said you flip the battery switch, is this a service disconnect of some sort? It's possible that a cheap switch could get a bad connection intermittently and that could cause a misfire. Can you post a pic? Or did I misinterpret?

if you can read this, my Jeep is broken....

Quick Reply: Check Engine light flashes and sudden loss of power