Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Clock spring Recall

Old 05-26-2016, 07:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Clock spring Recall

Anyone have luck finding their VIN in the clock spring recall?? Mine took a dump last summer after getting caught topless in the rain twice in 3 weeks. Air bag light came on after second time. I contacted dealer after reading all the horror stories about the spring malfunction. You can guess what they told me. So I was pumped last week when I read about the recall. However my VIN still doesn't show as part of the recall. I'm not sure if they have actually issued it yet or just announced that they plan to do so.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in norcal, bay area. I called a local dealer here, he ran my vin and said nothing in the system yet. He said check in about it and that I should get a mailing from chrysler. Obviously I'm gong to check in periodically and try to contact chrysler about it.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah that's the same BS I'm getting. I doubt that I'll be receiving a card because I'm the second owner. Oh well.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had to have mine replaced last year. Hope Chrysler will reimburse me for the cost if my 2010 ends up being part of the recall.

Sent from my manual typewriter
Old 05-27-2016, 04:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by lonesometree
Yeah that's the same BS I'm getting. I doubt that I'll be receiving a card because I'm the second owner. Oh well.
It's not really BS, it's just not in the system yet. They are still putting everything together including the dealer service bulletins and instructions, as well as parts kits. Once they have all that info together and a list of all the VINs that are affected, they will start adding them into the system and your VIN will show. You are correct in that being a second owner you may not get a card if Chryslers info wasn't updated to reflect you as the current owner. You can have them do that now, and then when the recall is issued, you will get the letter.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by blackjeep54304
Had to have mine replaced last year. Hope Chrysler will reimburse me for the cost if my 2010 ends up being part of the recall. Sent from my manual typewriter
As long as you have a receipt for the work done, they will reimburse you the cost of the repair.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jwilson2598
It's not really BS, it's just not in the system yet. They are still putting everything together including the dealer service bulletins and instructions, as well as parts kits. Once they have all that info together and a list of all the VINs that are affected, they will start adding them into the system and your VIN will show. You are correct in that being a second owner you may not get a card if Chryslers info wasn't updated to reflect you as the current owner. You can have them do that now, and then when the recall is issued, you will get the letter.
thats what I was asking...if it was a done deal or if it was just an announcement. I expect that my vin will pop sooner or later. I was just curious if anyone else had already been notified yet.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have t heard of anyone being notified yet.
Old 05-29-2016, 03:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm just happy they finally acknowledged it and are recalling...
Old 06-07-2016, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had an appointment for the day before the clock spring recal to have my clock spring repaired under the extended warranty program they had... My appointment got moved to the Next day when the recall got announced and they said they had pulled all the clock springs everywhere so I couldn't even get mine repaired because they weren't allowed to install it. Either way my Jk is covered under the recall my dealer said that Chrysler is coming out with a new clock spring, one that shouldn't go bad.

Quick Reply: Clock spring Recall