Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Clutch pedal squeaks

Old 07-25-2014, 05:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch pedal squeaks

Every time I depress my clutch, it makes this annoying squeak...was wondering if anyone else has this goin on or how to remedy?
Old 07-25-2014, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine did as well after I left my top down in the rain, blindly sprayed wd40 up in the direction of the hinge and presto... I'm sure theres a better fix but that worked for me

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 07-25-2014, 08:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

probably the joint where the clutch mounts to the pivot, wd 40 it like the other guy
Old 07-26-2014, 12:03 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Mine has been doing it for about a year. I've tried all of the fixes suggested in several threads (they're out there) short of replacing the master cylinder (did replace the slave, since the stethoscope made it sound like that was where it was coming from) and nothing worked. It's annoying and getting worse. I know it's just waiting like the last time my clutch failed (blown slave cylinder) until the worst possible time to break. And since I get into some pretty remote "worst possible times", I'm a bit worried. :-(

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal squeaks