Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Code p2167

Old 12-21-2014, 08:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code p2167

I came back from vacation and tried to start my jeep. Battery was dead on my 2012 JK. Jump started it and it started but still wanted to get a new battery because it was weak. Tried to drive and the throttle is not responding and also there is the "red lightning bolt" on the dash. I checked the code with the onboard code trick and it came up P2167 Accelerator pedal position sensor 2 max stop performance)

Car was running normally before I went on vacation...any ideas? It wont do anything besides idle.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:34 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white, align: center"]Possible Causes
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white, align: left"]In-plant test failure
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white, align: left"]Accelerator pedal position sensor needs RELEARN function performed
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Since it was running fine before, it seems the first possible cause doesn't apply.

Still under warranty? If so, have the dealer look at it if you are also covered for towing to them.
They can do the re-learn thing.

You can clear the code if you have a scanner or programmer that can do that. See if it returns to normal.
Some programmers can do the re-learn function.

How long did the JK sit while you were on vacation? Mine has sat for many weeks without the battery going dead.
You may have something else going on, too.

Last edited by ronjenx; 12-21-2014 at 08:45 AM.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ronjenx
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white, align: center"]Possible Causes
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white, align: left"]In-plant test failure
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white, align: left"]Accelerator pedal position sensor needs RELEARN function performed
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Since it was running fine before, it seems the first possible cause doesn't apply.

Still under warranty? If so, have the dealer look at it if you are also covered for towing to them.
They can do the re-learn thing.

You can clear the code if you have a scanner or programmer that can do that. See if it returns to normal.
Some programmers can do the re-learn function.

How long did the JK sit while you were on vacation? Mine has sat for many weeks without the battery going dead.
You may have something else going on, too.
Sat for 6 days. I felt the battery going weak in the last few weeks when I would start it in the morning. Nothing was left on (lights etc)
Old 01-17-2017, 03:39 PM
JK Newbie

Did you find out the problem? My JK is doing the same thing now?? Help
Old 06-29-2022, 06:37 AM
JK Newbie

Same issue. What was solution?

Quick Reply: Code p2167