Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Crazy Dash Rattle Passenger Side

Old 03-21-2017, 06:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy Dash Rattle Passenger Side

I am at a loss. I have a 2012 JK Unlimited Sahara. Not sure where to try next but ive got a crazy "clicking" sound rattle accompanied by intermittent chirping in the passengers dash somewhere.
I need help I've gone through the forums this one and others looking for the cause and have addressed everything i could find and read about. The rattle persists.

Where my rattle is worst is going down smooth pavement at 50-70mph. rpm doesn't matter.

Heres what ive done:
-wedged a chunk of heater hose between the aluminum heater lines near center of dash
-zip tied the floor vent on passenger side upwards
-taped the door wiring connector to some other wires incase the connector was hitting anything
-taped the antenna wire down much better and taped the connector down by the blower motor to another bundle of wires to prevent it from contacting anything.
-removed the outside cowl and windshield wipers
-removed glovebox and put in back seat
-removed outter dash trim pannel against the door

HELP!
Old 03-22-2017, 04:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

These rattles are so hard to find! I may have the same rattle and have tried about all the same remedies as you have. I'm interested if anyone out there has some suggestions to try....
Old 03-22-2017, 05:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

I used to have a buzz/rattle on the passenger side, mostly at highway speeds, turned out both in cabin air filters were torn (located behind glove box). Replaced them, and the noise went away

Might be something to check. If they need replacing order them off of Amazon, they are a few $ a piece, my local stealership wanted $25 a piece for them.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-22-2017, 05:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

If they are torn, and it takes a bit to get new ones, just pull them out, and go without till the new ones come in. It won't hurt anything.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to admit this but it turns out I caused the problem!

I found my rattle yesterday, I put a set of diy mud flaps on to stop the gravel chewing up the front edge of the pinch seam. Turns out one of my mudflap mounting bolts which was bolted through the inner fender liner was lined right up with a pinch seam on the floor of the cab. The wind of traveling highway speed would flex the inner fender and cause the bolt to contact the cab floor.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's why I don't let the wife ride with me...too much rattling accompanied by intermittent chirping from that side when she's in there...LOL

Quick Reply: Crazy Dash Rattle Passenger Side