Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dash alignment issues

Old 09-17-2014, 10:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash alignment issues

So I took my 2014 Rubicon in for some warranty work, mine was supposed to have blue tooth and it didn't so they had to put in an aftermarket one. When I go to pick it up the dash around the radio doesn't seem to line up correctly around the bottom like a clip was broken, but there was no clip there to break when we looked at the part in their system. Me and one of the service techs messed with it for about 15 minutes with no success and now I'm a little p!ssed off that my dash looks like someone tried to steal my radio. I don't know if the wire bundle for the window switches is caught on something or if I need to take it back down and have them replace whatever they can until it is fixed. Ill add pic's later if anyone needs to see what im talking about but I'm lazy and cant seem to get off my couch at the moment haha.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are white plastic clips that attach to the bezel

Take a picture of the issue
Old 09-17-2014, 11:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watch at the 9 minute mark

http://youtu.be/bU_3Sk4nucg
Old 09-17-2014, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Does the dash panel bulge outward about 1/8" below the center of the radio? Maybe just slightly left of center??? If so, it seems to be a common issue. My '13 does also.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine does the same thing. I think the wiring harness for the window switch is so thick that it pushes that little plastic trim out.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

What did it cost to add the Bluetooth? My stealer told me it came with it , but I couldn't get it to work. I took it in and it turned out it didn't come with it but it is Bluetooth capable. I was not very happy.

Quick Reply: Dash alignment issues