Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dashboard Dead, but Jeep drives...

Old 12-15-2014, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dashboard Dead, but Jeep drives...

Howdy, first post under this name. Couldn't remember my old name! At one time I was Grey Goose...

Anyway, dashboard is completely dark. Engine runs, Headlights and Wipers go on but their switches are Off. Brake lights work.

I saw a few threads on this but no real resolution. Local car shop guy said he doesn't know what it is, take it to the dealer. I'd rather not if I didn't have to.

Fuses look good, battery seems good. I've unhooked the red and black battery wires for ten minutes, reconnected and no change. Tried again this morning and no change, things are still wonky.

This is an 09 JKU, no warranty would apply, I'm sure.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep wheels.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	587907
Old 12-17-2014, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

Well, it's the TIPM. Tuttle-Click has THREE jeeps in there with the same problem. They ordered me one from texas, all I have to do is bend over a barrel. Poop.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

I had this happen and I had a loose fuse. It is a fuse that they pull during transport so the battery will not drain. Double check your fuses to make sure they are seated and not loose.

Quick Reply: Dashboard Dead, but Jeep drives...