Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Dealer neutered my jk help!!!!!

Old 07-28-2014, 07:45 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by greasemonkey
After a ecu has been reprogrammed there is no way of returning it to the original program. Only after market programers can go back and forth. Even if they order a new ecu it would come flashed with the latest software. I've been doing factory up dates to ECMs for the last 8 years.
and my guess is if an update is available you probably are required to perform the update when a vehicle comes in, at least if it has to be hooked up to the digitech or whatever Chrysler calls their programmer/diagnostics.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah. Chrysler pays the dealership for every reflash they do. It's free money, the dealership isn't going to turn it down and not do it.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

When the tech scanned or cleared the codes for your wheel sensor it would of told him of an update that was intended for that VIN......
Old 07-29-2014, 11:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by greasemonkey
After a ecu has been reprogrammed there is no way of returning it to the original program. Only after market programers can go back and forth. Even if they order a new ecu it would come flashed with the latest software. I've been doing factory up dates to ECMs for the last 8 years.
Yeah they told me today that goin back aint happening. Thay also said maybe they could find a ECM that had old programming in it and give it to me...................uh huh. Do you agree with the other couple opinions that power will return after a couple hundred more miles?

Bout to order a programmer and be done with it.........lesson learned I guess.

What programmer is best value for the money, heard that there are programmers out there that will even adjust fan on-off values at different temps for extra cooling when towing, I tow my boat a lot I am a charter captain.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:07 PM
JK Newbie

I have a superchips programmer that I use on mine. Has a special towing tune that I use. I tow around a 17ft aluminum bass tracker. It mostly changes your shift points for the trans and keeps the torque converter clutch engaged longer. It has other options for tunes and manual controls. Like the fan and lockers and things like that.

Quick Reply: Dealer neutered my jk help!!!!!