Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Do you have soft top regrets

Old 06-26-2015, 03:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When looking my first Wrangler the other month which will become my daughters in Feburary I want to get a hardtop so it would be quieter but having pulled the trigger on a soft top 2013, no regrets at all. Do think I will get a gently used hardtop at some point for winters here in the north east though.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get both tops and you will be glad you did. Having the ability to switch whenever you want is great. I store my hardtop in my shop where there's plenty of room for it. That's the only down side I can see for you if you don't have tons of storage space for your hardtop. But soft top during the summer is like CRACK!!!! You're always going to keep wanting more and more.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AK76
Bestop Trektop NX.......If you get one, swap out the bestop tailgate for a stock tailgate bar and clips. This makes it easier to get I and out of the cargo area.
I have a Bestop Trektop and love it except accessing the cargo area. What do you mean by swap out for a stock tailgate bar and clips? Thx in advance!
Old 06-30-2015, 12:10 AM
JK Newbie

I'm curious about this too, I've seen people say the stock tailgate bar is better, but I don't have any issues with my bestop one. What makes the stock one better than the bestop? Is it really worth tracking down the stock stuff and even potentially paying for it to replace it?
Old 06-30-2015, 07:03 AM
KMM
JK Enthusiast

I know older bestop tops had a single piece tailgate bar that was a nightmare, but a few years ago they switched to a 3 piece set up with a bar and 2 clips - maybe they have the older bar?
Old 06-30-2015, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Fjpanda
I love my soft tip, but with the addition of my 50" light bar and highway speeds it kinda kills it.
this is exactly why I don't have a 50" well that and everyone has one on every vehicle they own around here, no shit I saw a Camaro a couple weeks ago with one...
Old 07-05-2015, 06:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I regret my trek top nx, fit is crap and it's a pain to put anything in the back. Takes 2 guys to put the back window back in most of the time. After seeing the factory soft top on my buddy's '13 I want to go that route.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:19 PM
JK Newbie

Anyone have the Trektop Pro? Looking for details on how it stands up to snow...debating buying one and selling my hardtop.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by spanky1989
I regret my trek top nx, fit is crap and it's a pain to put anything in the back. Takes 2 guys to put the back window back in most of the time. After seeing the factory soft top on my buddy's '13 I want to go that route.
I got same top in april. It's no prob putting it on by myself, have it rolled up, stand-in the back and then slide n it in the track, connect the zippers (easiest if sunny out), then zip down. All soft tops that I know of have issues accessing the trunk space, but u can also just unzip, roll up and tuck under soft top back bar for quick airflow.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spanky1989
I have the same top... And I have none of these problems. Initial install was a pain to do by myself, but I've never needed help with the back window, nor any other part. As for putting stuff in the back, that's just the nature of the beast, especially if you have a 2 door.

Quick Reply: Do you have soft top regrets