Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Does a writeup exist for replacing the oil pressure sender?

Old 08-18-2015, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does a writeup exist for replacing the oil pressure sender?

Searched a bit and found plenty reports of oil sender unit needing replaced, but haven't found the steps needed to access the part. I know where it's located but just not sure on what needs to be removed to get there (and how much effort it is).

Can anyone point me to a writeup on this procedure for the 3.6L V6 Pentastar motor? Seems like you need to remove parts down to the intake manifold, but not sure how complicated this gets.

First CEL today on the 2014, a P0520 at 13,800 miles, and I could do it under warranty but if the costs aren't much I wouldn't mind doing it myself.

Last edited by mostlystock; 08-18-2015 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

crickets... but youtube I guess..////////////////i know, yer gonna learn somebodies life story, but...upper and lower intakes come off. Spark plugs are right there. change em too if ...oh..this is 6 years old. woops
Old 03-04-2021, 03:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joekadzban
crickets... but youtube I guess..////////////////i know, yer gonna learn somebodies life story, but...upper and lower intakes come off. Spark plugs are right there. change em too if ...oh..this is 6 years old. woops
Better late than never. I haven't been on here since 2015?! I ended up taking it to the dealer and got it done under warranty. I see youtube videos on it now. Next time maybe I'll try it myself, but hopefully there won't be a next time

Thanks for the reply!

Quick Reply: Does a writeup exist for replacing the oil pressure sender?