Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Electronic sway bar not working after EVO No Limits install

Old 12-16-2014, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronic sway bar not working after EVO No Limits install

I had the same problem as most, with the electronic part of the sway bar not working so I purchased the EVO No Limits manual disconnect and still the sway bar does not engage. The install is pretty straight forward, and I even contacted Off Road Evolution and explained the situation. They said there must be something within the mechanical portion of the sway bar that's causing the problem....and is something that's new to them. I did try all the usual fixes like rocking the jeep and flexing the suspension.
Before I remove the sway bar assembly and open the mechanical portion (the part that the EVO bolts to), I figure it best to reach out and see if anyone else has experienced this same problem?
Also...does anyone have any tips or advice before I start the process?

Thanks,
Dan
Old 12-16-2014, 12:44 PM
JK Newbie

I had the exact same problem. I removed the sway bar completely and opened it up to find the mechanical linkage was jammed and worn out beyond repair. I now run a standard sway bar with manual disconnects
Old 12-16-2014, 01:04 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

If you haven't seen the inside of the E-disco, take a look at this thread: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...-study-153545/
Old 12-16-2014, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx
If you haven't seen the inside of the E-disco, take a look at this thread: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...-study-153545/
Thanks for the link that shows the inner workings of the sway bar. I'll be taking it apart in the next few days and post the results.

Thanks
Old 12-17-2014, 02:11 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

subscribed as wanting to do the same as a preemptive measure.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default re:

When you break it down to clean it and grease it, go easy on the grease, as to much will hinder the movement also, that happened to me. The plunger is more than likely seized, it's an easy fix. Once it's together and on the work bench, test it a bunch of times to make sure it's engaging and disengaging.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 20jk08
When you break it down to clean it and grease it, go easy on the grease, as to much will hinder the movement also, that happened to me. The plunger is more than likely seized, it's an easy fix. Once it's together and on the work bench, test it a bunch of times to make sure it's engaging and disengaging.
^^^ This

I have seen two buddies swap out their motor and go with the EVO no limits only to find the actual issue was in the gear/actuator portion. In both of their cases it was due to infultrated mud and water.

Quick Reply: Electronic sway bar not working after EVO No Limits install