Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Electronic Sway Bar Rubicon Blinking

Old 02-27-2015, 04:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Electronic Sway Bar Rubicon Blinking

Hey Jeepers,

Need some help right here!

I have a JK Rubicon 09, and im just trying to disconnect the sway bar just to see if it works, im neutral and in 4lo and press the sway bar button and the light of sway bar in the odometer flashes and do not stop flashing. I hear like a noise in the electronic sway bar motor when i press it on and i press it again for turn it off and goes another noise like it works, but the sway bar light never stay on just blinks. can somebody tell me if its normal?

(I have never used it and i just bought it from a friend)

DRS Rubicon 09 BF Mud 255 Stock
Old 02-27-2015, 05:03 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

When you press the button to disconnect, the electric motor actuates, but the mechanism is spring loaded so it won't damage anything if the bar has a load on it.
Try rocking the JK, or driving a little to see if the bar unloads and disconnects. The flashing light means the bar has not done the requested action yet. It should go solid once it disconnects. The bar works in both 4hi and 4low, and will reconnect if you drive faster than about 18 mph, then re-disconnect once you slow to below 14 mph.

When you press the button to reconnect, it won't actually do it until the two halves of the bar are properly aligned. The light will flash until that happens, too.

Last edited by ronjenx; 02-27-2015 at 05:09 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok! Thanks man, im going to try that.!

DRS Rubicon 09 BF Mud 255 Stock
Old 02-28-2015, 05:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
When you press the button to disconnect, the electric motor actuates, but the mechanism is spring loaded so it won't damage anything if the bar has a load on it.
Try rocking the JK, or driving a little to see if the bar unloads and disconnects. The flashing light means the bar has not done the requested action yet. It should go solid once it disconnects. The bar works in both 4hi and 4low, and will reconnect if you drive faster than about 18 mph, then re-disconnect once you slow to below 14 mph.

When you press the button to reconnect, it won't actually do it until the two halves of the bar are properly aligned. The light will flash until that happens, too.
As for the rubi lockers do they care if there is a load on them? Is there an ideal circumstance tl engage them, speed, flat ground ect?
Old 02-28-2015, 07:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Engage the lockers before you come to an obstacle .And then once you are over the obstacle disengage it.don't drive with the locker engaged faster than 10 miles an hour. Only use it when needed.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:22 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by DKehler
As for the rubi lockers do they care if there is a load on them? Is there an ideal circumstance tl engage them, speed, flat ground ect?
The locker will engage when the square teeth on the dog clutch line up.
If locked with a load on it, it won't unlock until the load is removed.

See this thread to see how the locker works: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...-study-263666/

See this thread to see how the sway bar works: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...-study-153545/

Quick Reply: Electronic Sway Bar Rubicon Blinking