Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Faded fenders

Old 07-27-2015, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used PoorBoys Trim restore. Used a foam applicator and took,a heat gun on low temperature and lightly heated it. Let it cool and wiped down reapplied with foam applicator looked new again. I kept putting it on after a weekly wash on my brother's 2012 faded fenders looks new. The product as the owner says works from the inside out. It probably adds the oils back into the plastic fenders.

a little bit of the product goes a long way.

ed
Old 07-27-2015, 06:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OKLGMCRUISER
Use creamy peanut butter. The oil in it does much better than back to black and it will help remove any wax residue.

don't laugh, it truly works.

Pat
x2............ 3 now I guess lol
Chemical Guys makes some good stuff too
Old 07-27-2015, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OKLGMCRUISER
Use creamy peanut butter. The oil in it does much better than back to black and it will help remove any wax residue.

don't laugh, it truly works.

Pat
That's why dogs love jeeps!!!
Old 07-28-2015, 07:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've used Aerospace 303, it works but doesn't seem to last in wet conditions.

Meguiars Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer is more like wax and less like Armorall, makes a deeper black, lasts longer and smells like suntan lotion.
Old 07-29-2015, 04:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by brittn1014
Have a 2007 jk and my fenders are faded really bad. I've scrubbed them and I've tried the back to black stuff but it didn't last more than like a week. I also tried the heat gun but it didn't make much of a difference. Anyone know of anything else that will work so I don't have to but new ones?
I'd say that you invest in some good quality aftermarket fenders, making sure that they are made of plastic that won't fade. That's what I recommend and I would do in your place.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackRockBurner
Aerospace 303 from a boat store.
X2 on the 303

I tried them all
Back to black
Armor all
Etc etc etc
The 303 worked the best and lasting the longest so far .,. I am a believer

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 07-30-2015, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I found out by accident really that the Turtle Wax interior dash cleaner spray leaves a perfect finish. Started spraying it on my fenders and bumpers regularly now and its been great. I really do hate plastic exterior trim, but when its clean, it looks alright. With that said, I've heard great things about the Chemical Bros and I wanted to try 303. Can't go wrong with highly recommended products when it comes to cleaning solutions.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

I've used SC1 on faded fenders and my sons TJ hard top, it comes in an aerosol can and can be found at most motor cycle shops. Spray it on and let it sit for about 30 seconds and wipe off. The fenders and the hard top look like new again. Lasts for a few washes and then needs redoing.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:53 AM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I use 303 but keep regularly reapplying with a sponge to build up a coat & dont forget to rub dry / polish off
Brings it back like new, but keep reapplying as it can loose its finish after a week or so
Old 07-30-2015, 11:48 AM
JK Newbie

Remove your fenders, install lift kit, 37" tires and throw fenders in trash. Problem solved.

Quick Reply: Faded fenders