Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Iphone 5s issues

Old 10-05-2013, 08:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iphone 5s issues

Is anyone having issues with pairing the iPhone 5s with a 2013 JK? I've attempted it several times and no go. I've turned off wifi I've turned off then on the Bluetooth and turned the phone off then on. Any suggestions?
Old 10-05-2013, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kluso50
Is anyone having issues with pairing the iPhone 5s with a 2013 JK? I've attempted it several times and no go. I've turned off wifi I've turned off then on the Bluetooth and turned the phone off then on. Any suggestions?
I have the same problem, but my problem is with the Jeep. My question would be do you have the Bluetooth connectivity group? If you don't know, look at the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel. If you don't have buttons that look like phones and phone related crap an you just have blanks instead, you don't have Bluetooth.

When I bought it, I thought Uconnect meant Bluetooth, but it doesn't.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HardRooster
I have the same problem, but my problem is with the Jeep. My question would be do you have the Bluetooth connectivity group? If you don't know, look at the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel. If you don't have buttons that look like phones and phone related crap an you just have blanks instead, you don't have Bluetooth. When I bought it, I thought Uconnect meant Bluetooth, but it doesn't.
Yes I do have the connectivity group. I had two iPhone 3G's paired to it but got new phones this week. I deleted the 3G's then attempted to pair the new phones.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:57 AM
JK Freak

My iPhone 5 with iOS 7 is working just fine. Try re-pairing it to the U-Connect and see if that fixes the problem.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Paired mine 5s two days ago, 5 min of work. Just make sure you open bluetooth screen on iphone in connection mode and follow voice steps on Jeep. It was more work with my Mercedes but OK now too.

Quick Reply: Iphone 5s issues