Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fender Flares

Old 12-20-2014, 03:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fender Flares

Looking to install new fenders on my 2013 JK. Like the looks of the Bushmaster and Xenon. Any one had any experience with either of these?
Old 12-20-2014, 04:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Not familiar with Bushmaster...in flares anyway. But if you were referring to Bushwacker, I have them and I like them. I think metal ones are better but for plastic ones, they're pretty good. If you did mean Bushmaster, then sorry I can't help you.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would recommend metal over plastic, you might pay a few dollars more but all in all the price point is pretty similar and metal wont bend every time you say hello to a tree! I would check out the ace ones thats what i got for around $650 close to the same price as plastic!
Old 12-20-2014, 08:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Not familiar with Bushmaster...in flares anyway...
I thought the same thing!
Old 12-21-2014, 12:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The metal versus plastic is a tough one.

I came around a corner hugging a wall and didn't see a stump sticking out that pushed me hard left into a large tree.

The Bushwacker was sent flying, still connected by the light cable only.

Sounded like I tore the hole left side of the Jeep off.

I still dimpled the fender a little if you look and scraped a lot on the Bushwacker. Put it back on with bigger washers and all good.

Would a metal one have not moved? Would the fender be mangled? Would I have missed the tree with metal.....

My 50 cents as you all are worth it.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:01 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I agree on the metal vs plastic some metal ones are designed so the fender does not crumple others are not. Plastic is easier to replace then fenders. Hard to beat the look of a quality painted to match steel one tho. also steel adds a lot of weight on each corner. Aluminum oh yea but $$$$$$ I will get either BW or MCE. edit I just ordered bushwackers.

Last edited by jadmt; 12-21-2014 at 07:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Fender Flares