Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Fridge in your jeep

Old 02-24-2017, 10:22 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
I am genuinely impressed!

I have a Tuffy security deck in the back of my 2 door that I would have to remove. But I won't at this point because it provided some much needed security for the contents in the back.

However, you have given me hope that one day, when I no longer need to worry about the Tuffy deck, and I win an ARB fridge in some contest I can fit one in my rig.

It's still to expensive for as often as I would use it. I don't make the kind of money that dropping $800, for a fridge I might use twice a year, wouldn't be a problem.

If I catch the ARB fridge on a fire sale again, you'll be the first I'll let know.

Keep it in the garage when not on the trail and have a mini-fridge you'll use all year long. Current draw is next to nothing on these units.

We 2 doors gotta stick together lol

Last edited by DJ1; 02-24-2017 at 10:25 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1

We 2 doors gotta stick together lol

No doubt!

I already have a mini fridge in the garage, stocked.
Old 02-24-2017, 04:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We've been running the ARB fridge for about 5 yrs now. Had it on some long trips where we put 6,500 miles over 19 days and it did well. We did have a couple issues one covered on warranty and the other a result of getting connections wet. In all it's been one of those happy wife happy life things for me otherwise I'd just run one of the many Yeti type coolers and call it a day.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RodCyn
With a little imagination, you can fit an ARB 50Q in the back of a 2dr, with camping gear, spare parts, tools, etc. I've had an ARB for 4 years now and it's great out on the trails. Nothing beats a cold drink on a hot day or some ice cream.

Now this set up I need to know more about! While I dont have an ARB fridge, I do have an EdgestarFP430 (43qt) and have been looking at ways to expand my cargo capacity without a roof rack. This is a slick set up and a ton of extra storage as well. How did you mount the frame for the fridge slide?
Old 02-27-2017, 07:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a Whynter that I bought new (Scratch & Dent) $400 from their HQ/Office in LA.

https://www.amazon.com/Whynter-FM-65.../dp/B002W8DM5I

65 Quarts, auto switching between 110V & 12v and auto shutoff below 10.8Volts. I it ratchet strapped through the seat mount on a small wooden platform in the back of the jeep. I can slide axle shafts & my tools under the platform. I've had it for 3+ years and use it atleast once per month on our runs. With an optima yellow top I go a couple days without starting the Jeep in SoCal summer weather with a black Jeep and Black Hard top. It takes up less space than a comparable capacity yeti with ice. As long as I have plenty of ice cold water & Beer inside with the other food I can remove it at camp and leave it disconnected for hours without issue, the insulation is very good. It was amazing when I ran the Rubicon and Dusy Ershim, my favorite part is that nothing is wet inside my cooler.

I manage to fit 90% of my camping gear in here:
https://www.amazon.com/37-Portable-T...ds=contico+box

This fits in the back parallel to the refrigerator.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by caryt
DJI

Sure looks like coil vents are blocked...
They're fine, lower rear, no obstructions
Old 02-27-2017, 03:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MontyJK08
Now this set up I need to know more about! While I dont have an ARB fridge, I do have an EdgestarFP430 (43qt) and have been looking at ways to expand my cargo capacity without a roof rack. This is a slick set up and a ton of extra storage as well. How did you mount the frame for the fridge slide?
If you see from the 1st photo, there's a shelf that I made up. This uses the mounts from where the rear seat goes. The slide and swagoffroad action packer holders are mounted to this. It's also easily removable so I can change back to a rear seat. The front mounts under the loops and the rear is secured by the seat belt mount/bolts.
The following users liked this post:
ChuzUThisDay (04-12-2021)
Old 02-27-2017, 07:03 PM
DJ1
Former Member

If you see from the 1st photo, there's a shelf that I made up. This uses the mounts from where the rear seat goes. The slide and swagoffroad action packer holders are mounted to this. It's also easily removable so I can change back to a rear seat. The front mounts under the loops and the rear is secured by the seat belt mount/bolts.

That's pretty sweet. I may have to copy it.

The main shelf is just stainless steel right? Swagoffroad holders - ok, that's what those are.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DJ1
That's pretty sweet. I may have to copy it.

The main shelf is just stainless steel right? Swagoffroad holders - ok, that's what those are.

The shelf is made from a sheet of aluminum.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:12 PM
DJ1
Former Member

The shelf is made from a sheet of aluminum.

Even better!

Quick Reply: Fridge in your jeep