Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fridge in your jeep

Old 02-28-2017, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

You have some great fab ability!

You should market them for 2-4 doors!
Old 02-28-2017, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Very nice

Originally Posted by RodCyn
With a little imagination, you can fit an ARB 50Q in the back of a 2dr, with camping gear, spare parts, tools, etc. I've had an ARB for 4 years now and it's great out on the trails. Nothing beats a cold drink on a hot day or some ice cream.
VERY nice setup with GREAT pictures!

As always, this forum had some great input. I just pulled the trigger on an ARB 50qt fridge with cover from Northridge 4x4. For the record, some of the options I found while considering this purchase are:

Dometic 43/qt CFX-40US
Engel 40/qt MRo4oF-U1
National Luna 42/qt NLS-295 (nice, but really pricey)
Norcold 47/qt NRF-45
Smittybilt 52/qt
Snomaster 42/L BD/C-42P
Whynter 45/qt FMm-452SG

I wanted something that would keep things COLD for multiple days. It should be here by this weekend!

KG6SLC aka Eugene
Old 02-28-2017, 01:19 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats! It's definitely a great product.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you see from the 1st photo, there's a shelf that I made up. This uses the mounts from where the rear seat goes. The slide and swagoffroad action packer holders are mounted to this. It's also easily removable so I can change back to a rear seat. The front mounts under the loops and the rear is secured by the seat belt mount/bolts.
Nice fab skills! This makes me wish I could work with metal. I know a few people who do, maybe I can get them to copy your design if its ok with you. I like having the extra storage by the tailgate end for soft goods etc.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:01 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KG6SLC
VERY nice setup with GREAT pictures!

As always, this forum had some great input. I just pulled the trigger on an ARB 50qt fridge with cover from Northridge 4x4.....

I wanted something that would keep things COLD for multiple days. It should be here by this weekend!

KG6SLC aka Eugene

The initial monetary hit may sting the wallet but like the saying goes, "Buy once. Cry once." I think you'll be really happy with it.

Even though I didn't cash-in on the 4WP fire sale or was able to get the ARB fridge with a free cover or the free ARB chairs promo that NR4x4 has had, I'm still extremely happy with the purchase with the little discount I still received.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default "Buy once. Cry once."

Originally Posted by DJ1
The initial monetary hit may sting the wallet but like the saying goes, "Buy once. Cry once." I think you'll be really happy with it.

Even though I didn't cash-in on the 4WP fire sale or was able to get the ARB fridge with a free cover or the free ARB chairs promo that NR4x4 has had, I'm still extremely happy with the purchase with the little discount I still received.

I have actually known I was going to get a fridge for a few months now. I didn't even know about the sale you mentioned. If I had I most likely would have purchased then.

Your "Buy once. Cry once." definitely applies. I'm also heavily leaning on the saying "You only have to buy quality once".

Thanks for your input.

KG6SLC aka Eugene
Old 03-01-2017, 09:02 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have actually known I was going to get a fridge for a few months now. I didn't even know about the sale you mentioned. If I had I most likely would have purchased then.

The price was actually $599 but still.....

Only a handful of people took advantage of the deal. I don't know how I managed to resist even though I already had one and it would mean owning 2 (though it wouldn't have been a problem to sell it)...

---> ARB 50 Qt. Fridge $599.99 - TODAY ONLY - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

Old 01-09-2018, 05:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With a little imagination, you can fit an ARB 50Q in the back of a 2dr, with camping gear, spare parts, tools, etc. I've had an ARB for 4 years now and it's great out on the trails. Nothing beats a cold drink on a hot day or some ice cream.

Rod, this is amazing. Im new to overlanding and I to have a 2 door JK. Would you be willing to fabricate and sell me one of those aluminum bases so that I can replicate your setup? Thank you!
Old 02-07-2020, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GGamingStudioRespect
I ordered the fridge for my jeep last year. But it went wrong from the very beginning. I could not find it at the local shop, so I had to order it in the online store. And due to the smallest mistake, my order was lost. When the fridge did not turn up for two weeks I started to call the company. And it turned out that I gave them a wrong zip code. And my parcel went to the wrong destination. Always recheck your postal code postcodefinder.net/ when you are ordering something online. Otherwise, the problem is guaranteed.
Wow, You would think they could read the city and state and not just the numbers of the zip code. Remember 50% graduate in the bottom half of their class!

Hope you finally received it.

I L O V E my ARB fridge. No more soggy sandwiches and always a cold one waiting at the end of the day.... or even during the day.

KG6SLC aka Eugene
Old 02-07-2020, 10:21 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Wow, You would think they could read the city and state and not just the numbers of the zip code. Remember 50% graduate in the bottom half of their class!

Hope you finally received it.

I L O V E my ARB fridge. No more soggy sandwiches and always a cold one waiting at the end of the day.... or even during the day.

KG6SLC aka Eugene
It is all sorted via automation. Zip code determines where it is headed.

Quick Reply: Fridge in your jeep