Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Frozen wipers are pissing me off.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Frozen wipers are pissing me off.

Has anyone found a solution for this for the 07-10's? My damn wipers freeze up because of the shitty defrost vent setup and the shitty resting place of the wipers. It's the one thing I hate most about my Jeep, any time it gets below freezing the wipers shit out and I'm left with a dirty windshield until I can pull over, stop and clean them. This is not a wiper issue, I've gone from the stockers to the rain-x and now to the silblades and they've all reacted the same.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's weird. I've never had this problem. Is it common?
Old 11-20-2011, 10:50 AM
JK Freak

I'll bet you are in a humid area. The wipers are freezing to the window because of that.
And yes, the wranglers defrost is not desireable for those of us who have to deal with snow.
I had to pull over twice dureing a blizzard, due to the windshield freezing up, and the wipers not cleaning properly.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Only solution that has stand the test of time to solve that problem is to move further South.

It worked for me, and haven't had that problem in over a decade.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I haven't had this problem. I do recall having it in my TJ, although it only happened once. I was driving in a huge snow storm.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:24 AM
JK Super Freak

There are a few ways to solve it. Some have a diffuser that go on top of the dashboard to redirect the froster. There are heated wiper blades out on the market As well as heated wiper fluid.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Didn't have a Jeep at the time, but when I lived in Alberta and B.C. I kept the defroster and wipers off as much as possible. The snow is usually so dry that it just blows past the windshield - no wipers needed. If I had to run the defroster, snow would start melting along the bottom of the windshield, then the icy mess would start. On some rigs the defroster vents would not close all the way so I put towels over them to keep the windshield cold.

Sometimes the combination of temp, humidity, and sloppy early season snow combine so that nothing works except stopping to clean up the mess.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

i had that problem when i was living up in the mountains, i just kept a bottle of anti freeze by my car, with a slit in the lid to spray off every morning. only like 4 bucks at wal mart.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Has anyone looked in to adding adhesive heated strips along the bottom of the windshield?
Old 11-20-2011, 12:33 PM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Saw these on tv today: http://w ww.everblades.com/

Heated blades. Pretty cool for you Northerners.

Last edited by Robar; 11-22-2011 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Please do not post clickable non-sponsor links

Quick Reply: Frozen wipers are pissing me off.