Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Soft top down

Old 07-31-2012, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft top down

When I put my top down the hinge rubs the roll bar cover and it's about to rip. dose anyone have a solution for this. I put the top down myself I don't have help. I don't want to rip my brand new jeep.
Thanks.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:06 PM
JK Freak

Mine has a rub mark but hasn't gotten any worse. I take my top down at least 3 times a week.

I will say I am more efficient at raising it and lowering it than I was when I got it. It's all about not letting the top twist and catching the roll bar. Over time your technique will improve and it will barely touch the bar anymore.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:14 PM
jdk
JK Freak

Get some Duck Tape and put around the hinges, it will be redneck but it will work.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:14 AM
JK Super Freak

What soft top model do you have (sunrider?) and is it a 2 or 4 doors?

When I fold my JKU top down I first fold the sunrider part, unlock both pins (have to walk around my Jeep a couple times) and then just slide that lock-hinge over the door surrounds channel. I always do it by myself and never had problems with the hinge.

Quick Reply: Soft top down