Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

diagnostic code B3004

Old 05-06-2008, 03:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diagnostic code B3004

Anyone had this come up or know what it is? I checked against the "sticky" but it is not listed. My malfunction light stays illuminated on the dash, so I hooked up my hypertech which gives me the codes and this one (B3004) and one other showed up (P0456-which is evap purge system leak). Any help would be appreciated. TIA
Old 05-06-2008, 03:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fishin'jeep
Anyone had this come up or know what it is? I checked against the "sticky" but it is not listed. My malfunction light stays illuminated on the dash, so I hooked up my hypertech which gives me the codes and this one (B3004) and one other showed up (P0456-which is evap purge system leak). Any help would be appreciated. TIA
What were you doing to the Jeep before it went off? (Recent mods etc...)
Old 05-06-2008, 03:50 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Fishin'jeep
Check your evap cannister just based on the fact that it threw an evap code on you.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default ummm

all kinds of things, really. nothing in the last 24 hours. but in the last week i had a tow hitch installed, brake controller, & a new muffler. i installed the hypertech about a week ago.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
Check your evap cannister just based on the fact that it threw an evap code on you.
yeah i know i have had past issues with it, dealer keeps putting a band-aid on it. thanks, it will be taking a visit there as soon as i figure out what this other code is.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should you get tired of the dealer and try the evap can yourself, there's some pointers on the third post of this thread:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=white+thingy
Old 05-07-2008, 09:57 AM
JK Newbie

are you sure about the exact number on that code, I did a search on it and couldn't find it on the code list
Old 05-07-2008, 10:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Might check your book that came with the Hypertech and see if it lists anything, that b3004 is NOT a jeep/chrysler code.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Update

Guys, I did a MSN search with the code and found this great site, helps with a few more codes than typical Chrysler/Jeep. the code is RR door ajar circuit high-well my door appeared to be shut, my inside light wasn't on, & my display did not show "door"....but I opened it & slammed it shut anyway...guess what, code is clear now. Here is the link, just page down quite a ways for a complete list. maybe it will help others. thanks for all of your input, I appreciate it.

http://westersgarage.eidnet.org/perf...ip_trouble.htm

Quick Reply: diagnostic code B3004