Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Girlfriends little brother hit my jeep 😡

Old 10-05-2015, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Az scooter
Paintless dent repair guys are your friend for this sort of thing. They should be able to easily get it back to where it should be. As for the little brother, beware of sibling loyalty.
Already got into an argument with the gf because she asked me if this was something I would "overlook" and I got really pissed off because I just bought my jeep and paid 40k for it so no it's not something I can look past because I work hard to make payments every month on it.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well I came back from a shop that my company knows pretty well and they do all the companies high end cars and what not. I will start by saying they're not cheap but they're good and we have known them for quite a bit of time. The owner ordered me a new license plate bracket/cover for free and said there's a good chance that they won't be able to PDR it due to the area it's in but he will try. If he can PDR it, free. If not it will be about 700 in body work between fixing the area and painting it.....
Old 10-05-2015, 12:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had PDR done on my jeep. It's actually harder than most vehicles believe it or not. My guy who is very good and very experienced remarked that though jeep sheet metal is very thin, it's also very strong and harder to pull dents from. It's also double walled in many areas, like the quarter panel above the rear tire in my case, so it's often tough for guys to push the dent from behind. I had palm sized dents from being helped (Pushed off a rock) off-road and all we could do were glue pulls and leveling. Still came out pretty good but not perfect.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:57 PM
JK Newbie

Default Girlfriends little brother hit my jeep

Just my opinion.. I doesn't matter what the relationship is..damage is damage..Wife, girlfriend, brother,etc, needs to man up and fix their mistakes. Not acceptable not to fess up to have the damage paid for, lesson learned if he has to cover the damage..Your girl should understand, I hope Dude.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:29 PM
JK Freak

Lets be real... This relationship is doomed. Women don't understand what a jeep means to us and family loyalty is hard to break. Get your Jeep fixed the right way. Do not cut corners ( no pun) to spare hard feelings. In the end the fact that it cost them money will always leave a bad taste in their mouths. Get it fixed bc after all is said and done at least your jeep will be there for you without the dent.
That being said.....who the "F" buys a jeep and isn't that big into off-roading or upgrades?!??!!?!
Old 10-05-2015, 03:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by fultonromero12
Lets be real... This relationship is doomed. Women don't understand what a jeep means to us and family loyalty is hard to break. Get your Jeep fixed the right way. Do not cut corners ( no pun) to spare hard feelings. In the end the fact that it cost them money will always leave a bad taste in their mouths. Get it fixed bc after all is said and done at least your jeep will be there for you without the dent. That being said.....who the "F" buys a jeep and isn't that big into off-roading or upgrades?!??!!?!
Last sentence----LMFAO! That's funny!!
Old 10-05-2015, 04:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If I damaged my brother-in-law's truck, no matter how minor, my sister would kick my a$$ if I didn't take care of it.

Go Noles!
Old 10-05-2015, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

This seems very appropriate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1492058768.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	626430
Old 10-05-2015, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Guys, I love off-roading but let's not kid around here, it's very expensive. The jeep is more than enough car payment for me and I am only a year out of college. If and when I get a raise in the future I'll put some suspension and 35s like I had on my old JK but all that work is $$. As for fixing the jeep I know it should be up to them and her dad has been bothering me all day to take it to his body shop guy so I know they definitely want to fix it just a matter if I want to let them and how much exactly this will cost. Tomorrow when I take it back to my guy I will know whether this will be an easy fix or $$$$$$$.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Seems like this thread should have been started in some body work forum, not jeep forum.

Quick Reply: Girlfriends little brother hit my jeep 😡