Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Girlfriends little brother hit my jeep 😡

Old 10-05-2015, 06:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree it's a pricey vehicle to have it hit. I almost lost my mind when someone hit my rig in Hialeah. Luckily, 35's and the wheel took the impact so no damage except a rear axle shaft flange.

With that said, if the parents are offering to pay, who cares. Let them suck it up. Maybe they'll reinforce to their son it's ok to not try to squeeze in somewhere.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think I had like a $200 deductible for uninsured motorist but I'm not certain. He has 3 choices.

1. Fix it (I'm sure he can't)
2. Pay out of pocket
3. You make an insurance claim and and he pays the deductible.

Don't let boobs make you settle on BS damage to your rig. If there was NO chick involved this would already be settled.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AMEN to what he said!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2015, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got my jeep back. License plate bracket was replaced. Damage will not be able to be PDR'd because the spot that is damaged is a double panel and will need body work if I want it fixed. Parents are fine paying the damage at their body shop so I'll have to see what they say. I'm still not happy in the end because my 1 month old jeep will need to be repainted and such for something so stupid
Old 10-06-2015, 12:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When my previous Jeep still had the stock bumpers, a woman reversed into parking and tore off the left corner of the rear bumper.
It was time for steel bumpers.
Then, another woman lightly nudged the Jeep rear bumper.
Car -- ruined bumper and hood.
Jeep -- not even a scratch on the bumper.

Last edited by GJeep; 10-06-2015 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Girlfriend or not. The kid,should be responsible. If the parents are willing to pay let them. If the girlfriend gives you grief tell her were to go. If she manipulates now and if you are going together married later on I think you are going be on a short leash.

she should have said something to the brother to start paying.

Ed
Old 10-06-2015, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When the little head thinks for the big head, bad decisions are made.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 for having it repaired without an insurance claim.. otherwise if you decide not to keep your jeep forever you will Eat it on residual value loss.. Carfax will show it as collision damage which makes a dealer automatically subtract a bunch of money off trade value..

if you dont claim it then most likely it will never show up on carfax unless a public police report was filed with a VIN where it can be searched and placed in a file..

-Christopher
Old 10-08-2015, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well 100% can't be fixed by PDR. The panel of steel where license plate is too hard of steel. Body work seems the only way to fix this. It bothers me that the dent is there even though it's not very noticable. Would you guys do body work on such a new car or just leave it?
Old 10-08-2015, 11:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your girlfriend's a keeper and possible life parter, maybe you should drop it. Pieces of metal are easily replaced. Have the parents fix it but know that your future in laws will remember how you respond to this situation.

Last edited by BlackRockBurner; 10-08-2015 at 11:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Girlfriends little brother hit my jeep 😡