Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Girlfriends little brother hit my jeep 😡

Old 10-08-2015, 12:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its time to see some pics. How bad is it?
Old 10-08-2015, 01:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkfsu
Well 100% can't be fixed by PDR. The panel of steel where license plate is too hard of steel. Body work seems the only way to fix this. It bothers me that the dent is there even though it's not very noticable. Would you guys do body work on such a new car or just leave it?
Dude why is this even a question. Actually why is this thread even created. The parents are willing to pay for the repair. It's a month old. You would be an idiot not to get it repaired. It's a no brainier and win in any situation.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

In order to get a fair judgement, I think this tread needs pictures of the girlfriend and pictures of the damage to the JK.

A picture is worth a thousand words
Old 10-08-2015, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry I haven't been able to post pics. The picture itself would be really hard to capture. Just imagine this: license plate frame pushed up against corner panel and created a dent inward. Instead of sitting flush with the license plate bracket now there is a quarter inch dent inward (the size of the license plate frame) inbetween the license plate frame and where it meets the body of the car.

My worry is that I've been told by the body shop is to avoid painting such a new car. I don't know why they said that but it's what he told me.

And yes I do plan on marrying this girl, we have been dating for more than 3 years and I'm 24 right now. I plan on just biting the bullet and paying for it myself.

Last edited by jkfsu; 10-08-2015 at 05:56 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry I haven't been able to post pics. The picture itself would be really hard to capture. Just imagine this: license plate frame pushed up against corner panel and created a dent inward. Instead of sitting flush with the license plate bracket now there is a quarter inch dent inward (the size of the license plate frame) inbetween the license plate frame and where it meets the body of the car.

My worry is that I've been told by the body shop is to avoid painting such a new car. I don't know why they said that but it's what he told me.

And yes I do plan on marrying this girl, we have been dating for more than 3 years and I'm 24 right now. I plan on just biting the bullet and paying for it myself.
i don't think you should have to pay for it your self, if you marry her or not their kid did damage to a brand freaking new vehicle you shouldn't have to pay for anything. if they think any less of you maybe their new vehicle needs a fresh dent .....
Old 10-08-2015, 06:07 PM
JK Junkie

Sorry I haven't been able to post pics. The picture itself would be really hard to capture. Just imagine this: license plate frame pushed up against corner panel and created a dent inward. Instead of sitting flush with the license plate bracket now there is a quarter inch dent inward (the size of the license plate frame) inbetween the license plate frame and where it meets the body of the car. My worry is that I've been told by the body shop is to avoid painting such a new car. I don't know why they said that but it's what he told me. And yes I do plan on marrying this girl, we have been dating for more than 3 years and I'm 24 right now. I plan on just biting the bullet and paying for it myself.
Not the best decision in my opinion her family will be your family if she says yes. Family takes care of their mistakes for their family members. If she got mad and dumped you for doing the right thing then she ain't worth it. And I wouldn't go back to that body shop.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:31 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Not the best decision in my opinion her family will be your family if she says yes. Family takes care of their mistakes for their family members. If she got mad and dumped you for doing the right thing then she ain't worth it. And I wouldn't go back to that body shop.
ditto

Quick Reply: Girlfriends little brother hit my jeep 😡