Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Has any one serviced throttle body sensor?

Old 10-12-2012, 12:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Has any one serviced throttle body sensor?

Hi all

has any one serviced a throttle body sensor, it has to able to be taken apart. dealer is to expensive.
any info appreciated...........................

PS please dont telL me it is unservicible, everything is servicible, thats what they used to say about a TJ fuel module,...unless you are worreid about warranty( I am not)
Old 10-12-2012, 01:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silverwrangler
Hi all

has any one serviced a throttle body sensor, it has to able to be taken apart. dealer is to expensive.
any info appreciated...........................

PS please dont telL me it is unservicible, everything is servicible, thats what they used to say about a TJ fuel module,...unless you are worreid about warranty( I am not)
There is a thread on hear on how to clean the tb could help u out
Old 10-12-2012, 01:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks I cleaned it out already, this is wear issue on a TBS module ( that dealer charges $$$$ for), they basically force you to buy the entire thing, because they wont sell you small part of the module, manily the TPS sensor built into it. I do not have warranty and not to many salvage yard here.

PS I cannot get code on obd2 scanner but the ociliSCOPE picked it up right away, it is small glitch now but is getting worse, $$$$$........................................

Last edited by silverwrangler; 10-12-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a bad one on a durango I had a few years back, I got a new one off ebay for 18 bucks and it solved my problem. Im not sure how you would go about servicing something like that. Get a meter start by checking continuity of the plug ends would be a start I suppose
Old 10-12-2012, 01:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Or if you can get to it, see how the resistor reads, if its bad if your REALLY good you MAY be able to replace it..

Quick Reply: Has any one serviced throttle body sensor?