Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hardtop Fitment

Old 05-03-2016, 01:10 PM
Cuv
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardtop Fitment

I've looked around some and not quite found the answer I'm looking for.

Does anyone have the answer, or a link to the answer of what hardtop years are compatible with what jeep year? Say a 14 hardtop being put on an 09, etc...
Old 05-03-2016, 01:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well the footman loop above the windshield moved I believe in '09. Also the alignment pins went from 2 to 4 I think in '11 but not sure (not a big deal you just have to drill new holes in the rail). Qtec sells a kit for putting a newer top on a '07 or '08 which includes a footman loop, nutserts, and new header. So it should fit and may or may not need tweaking.

At least from what I've read over the years.

MOPAR 82212462 - Mopar® Hardtop Adapter Kit for 07-08 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited - Quadratec
Old 05-28-2016, 07:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got a '14 on my '08. Moved footman loop and drilled holes for the pins. easy enough. Not sure what year they changed but the '14 has a wider rear window than the '08's.

Quick Reply: Hardtop Fitment