Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

headed seats not so hott

Old 01-04-2014, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headed seats not so hott

so i have a 12 rubicon with heated seats and well even with it on max its awful its like luke warm never gets hott. The seats in my grand cherokee and every other jeep I've had get super hot to the point where i have to turn them off. even the back is just mehh a little warmer but thats about it. i took it to the dealer and they said its fine and within specs. what do i tell them or are the jks just awful and can't heat a seat at all..
Old 01-04-2014, 05:51 PM
JK Newbie

Get a heat gun and go look at a some new ones on the dealers lot and check the temperature of them and see if its the same as yours.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like something is wrong. Mine gets too hot when i have them on high, I usually run it on low. I have cloth seats with thin seat covers if that makes a difference. With leather it might be cooler but still should get pretty hot.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by terb
Get a heat gun and go look at a some new ones on the dealers lot and check the temperature of them and see if its the same as yours.
good plan.. ill go pick up one of those ir ones and test some others
Old 01-04-2014, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JerseyMark
Sounds like something is wrong. Mine gets too hot when i have them on high, I usually run it on low. I have cloth seats with thin seat covers if that makes a difference. With leather it might be cooler but still should get pretty hot.
how long does it take for yours to get hot?
Old 01-04-2014, 07:05 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by 08rubie
good plan.. ill go pick up one of those ir ones and test some others
If you do the testing, please post the temperatures.

If you find it necessary to test the resistance on the seats, (if the dealer hasn't or won't), here are the numbers:

Seat bottom cushion element: 6.36 ohms to 2.97 ohms
Seat back cushion element: 6.36 ohms to 2.97 ohms

NOTE: When testing the heated seat elements for resistance, be certain to sit in the seat in question and move around the heating elements within the seat while testing. Moving the heating elements will help eliminate the possibility of an intermittent open in the element, which would only be evident in a certain position.

Last edited by ronjenx; 01-04-2014 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx
If you do the testing, please post the temperatures.

If you find it necessary to test the resistance on the seats, (if the dealer hasn't or won't), here are the numbers:

Seat bottom cushion element: 6.36 ohms to 2.97 ohms
Seat back cushion element: 6.36 ohms to 2.97 ohms

NOTE: When testing the heated seat elements for resistance, be certain to sit in the seat in question and move around the heating elements within the seat while testing. Moving the heating elements will help eliminate the possibility of an intermittent open in the element, which would only be evident in a certain position.
wow thanks man ill post numbers if i get some
Old 01-04-2014, 09:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine didn't come with heated seats so I had the dealer install OEM in my 2012. They get very hot very fast.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 2012 with heated leather seats. On high they get very hot within about 2 minutes. I usually turn them down to low at that point and then they're perfect for the duration.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:30 AM
JK Newbie

I have the same problem on my 2014 JKUR. They just don't seem to get very warm at all. My buddy says his get unbelievably hot. What is the difference? Let me know what you find out.

Quick Reply: headed seats not so hott