Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Heated seat switch

Old 10-18-2014, 02:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated seat switch

Hey guys, so my rubi needed a new switch down where the heated seats are along with the traction control button, and all that stuff. So here is my question, when I press the heated seat button nothing lights up (on the driver and passenger side). everything is connected and under the seat everything looks to be connected also. I am wondering does anything have to be done to get them to work? should the orange lights go on even if the seat is registering the signal? the emergency flashers work fine so the new switch is working.
Please help.

Also on another note, my headlights are always on and they are on the auto position, day/night don't matter still on all the time. Ambient light switch?

THank You!
Old 10-18-2014, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't sound like you have power to the switch. May want to check fuses. With your headlights staying on do you have something blocking the sensor on the dash. My wife has a card for work that has to be on the dash and sometimes it's over the sensor and ours are on all the time.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:42 PM
JK Newbie

THe ambient light switch is not blocked by anything on the dash. and the heated seat switch, Im not sure about because the emergency flashers do work and that means the unit is getting power?
Old 10-23-2014, 10:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RLJK12
THe ambient light switch is not blocked by anything on the dash. and the heated seat switch, Im not sure about because the emergency flashers do work and that means the unit is getting power?
Check your FUSE FOR YOUR HEATED SEATS. look in your manual if you need to.

Quick Reply: Heated seat switch