Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help deciding shade choices

Old 05-26-2015, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1163553793.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	612399

The ball is on top. So you don't have to roll or fold anything back. It stays in place perfectly
Old 05-26-2015, 05:16 PM
Former Member

I leave mine on all the time never take it off even when the hardtop is on

www.overlandoff-road.com
Old 05-26-2015, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Andy_PHA
maybe I misunderstand what it means when in the spiderweb instructions it says you have to remove the front and roll it up. So what do you actually have to do to the shade in order to put the sun rider section back in place? I know on the Bestop you have to unsnap a strap and fold back the first few inches of the shade, but there are a set of snaps that line up and you can just keep it right there. Is the spiderweb shade similar? At this point I just want one or the other and am just trying to find one that is the least hassle. They are roughly the same price, and I do like that you can get different colors with the spiderweb version.
I gave these choices much thought way too long before I decided to go with spiderweb. Color choice was probably my main deciding factor, and all the positive reviews. Absolutely no regrets. High quality, easy install, never needs removing. To latch the sun rider portion, just leave the 2 bungees loose so the top can latch to the hoops. The latches will fall right into the space between the shade and the windshield, latch closed and go. I've even folded the sun rider back and forgot to attach the 2 bungees on the loops, and still no flapping. Can't go wrong with spiderweb, and the color choices are a big plus.

Name:	ForumRunner_20150526_203055.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	612403

Name:	ForumRunner_20150526_203245.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	612404
Old 05-26-2015, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks for clearing that up it was very helpful. I think I will go with the spiderweb shade because I was hoping to get one in a lighter color to help even more with the heat. Or maybe I'll go with the bright green to break up all the black.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

My question mainly concerns how the door surrounds fit on top of the bungee cords that hold the shade in place. Can someone show that fitment?
Old 05-26-2015, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mwtrent
My question mainly concerns how the door surrounds fit on top of the bungee cords that hold the shade in place. Can someone show that fitment?
Oops, never mind. Total brain fart. Found a pic online. Not sure what I was thinking really.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mwtrent
I don't think the cord of the bungee is thick enough to cause any problems with the door surrounds as long as you position the ball part toward the inside. What has me a little worried is that my Trektop NX has two hooks that go into the two freedom top holes and the spiderweb uses the holes for a bungee. I could see them getting in the way of each other. Anyone running a shade with the Trektop?
Old 05-26-2015, 07:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Andy_PHA
I don't think the cord of the bungee is thick enough to cause any problems with the door surrounds as long as you position the ball part toward the inside. What has me a little worried is that my Trektop NX has two hooks that go into the two freedom top holes and the spiderweb uses the holes for a bungee. I could see them getting in the way of each other. Anyone running a shade with the Trektop?
Yes I'm running the Spiderwebshade with a Trektop NX. You have to cut two small slits in the shade in order to fasten the hooks into the freedom top holes. No big deal. Just do it. You'll love it...
Old 05-27-2015, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got the bestop shade installed today. Less than impressed with the overall build quality of this thing. Fiberglass tent pole header non sleeve end is all splintered and frayed so I had to clean that up. What appear to be sonic welds at the nylon strap/shade material connections are crap as well. I'll be ordering the Spiderweb shade and returning this thing.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

crap hate to hear that man. I guess spiderweb shade it is for me.

Quick Reply: Help deciding shade choices