Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help diagnosing clunk

Old 12-06-2016, 05:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I used a gopro and zipties to find a thud under my jeep
Old 12-06-2016, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SCOTT B
I used a gopro and zipties to find a thud under my jeep
This may be my next step. It's been a difficult issue to track down as its been pretty intermittent but has really been active this week.
Old 12-13-2016, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by idiot magnet
Was it the control arms?
Common on different jeeps as well.
I thought about this. I have a rock krawler 2.5 max travel set up. I know the control arms can be rebuilt and have done some minor investigation on that. Anyone have any experience with this? Also, if a control needs rebuilt would it have obvious signs pointing to this such as what I am dealing with?
Old 01-13-2017, 06:16 PM
JK Newbie

Default Similar Noise, Clunk/grind

I have an odd noise as well, a type of clunk/grinding noise, after water/mud play. Took a look under my rig and everything looked alright, however while rolling, it seems my driveshaft isn't spinning in balance, its will only make noise and grind at lower speeds 0-30 mph. It happened once before, but by the end of the night it had stopped doing it. Now a month later, it is doing it again, I was thinking maybe it could be my drive shaft u joints, or even my axle u joints. I realize this thread has been posted for a while, what was the issue and how did you resolve it?
My rig is a stock 2008 Rubicon 120xxx miles. Well.. stock as far as I know..

Quick Reply: Help diagnosing clunk