Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Help have 2 mistery dings almost every time when I stop

Old 03-27-2017, 11:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help have 2 mistery dings almost every time when I stop

Hopefully someone can chime in () I have no dash lights except ESC OFF, almost every time I stop my 2011 Jeep while driving I get 2 dings. I have tried the key trick turn ign on (don't start) push gas pedal down 3 times turn key off, did nothing for situation. Not the seat belts either (have them all buckled up). Before pulling out the Jeep usually dings once as well, driving me nuts, anyone ever have this issue? Help please
Old 03-27-2017, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shelby73
Hopefully someone can chime in () I have no dash lights except ESC OFF, almost every time I stop my 2011 Jeep while driving I get 2 dings. I have tried the key trick turn ign on (don't start) push gas pedal down 3 times turn key off, did nothing for situation. Not the seat belts either (have them all buckled up). Before pulling out the Jeep usually dings once as well, driving me nuts, anyone ever have this issue? Help please
When I had my '08 I had a ding just like this. It ended up being the oil light. It would chime and illuminate for half a second but wouldn't remain on. Check your oil levels mine was bone dry at the time, and I was lucky it didn't seize.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check your oil.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

I checked all fluids today and the jeep is perfect on the levels. However the two stupid beeps are there almost every time I come to a complete stop
Old 04-06-2017, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

I'm thinking the dings are because both the ESC OFF light, and so is the ESC light is on constantly on the dash. I replaced the speed sensors and steering wheel is centered but the dam things won't go off and no codes are on. For the life of me can't get this rectified.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shelby73
I'm thinking the dings are because both the ESC OFF light, and so is the ESC light is on constantly on the dash. I replaced the speed sensors and steering wheel is centered but the dam things won't go off and no codes are on. For the life of me can't get this rectified.
May need the dealer scan tool that digs deeper into the ECU.

Quick Reply: Help have 2 mistery dings almost every time when I stop