Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    JK Newbie

Default HELP How to remove jack from Jeep Unlimited

I cannot for the life of me get my jack out on my Jeep Unlimited. I read through the manual but still cannot find out how this thing comes out. I had a blow out last year and luckily it was close to town where my brother came by with a floorjack. Right now I want to venture up in the mountains but will not chance it without being able to take out the jack. Please if there is anyone who has removed their jack let me know the steps.
    Thanks!

The jack is retained by it being 'opened' into the hole. so you need to turn the handle/screw/nut to 'drop' the jack while it is in it's hole. That will loosen it up and it will slide out..
    09 Rubicon - 6spd
    2.5" RC Coil Spacers| RC Wheel spacers| 35" KM2s | Superchips Tuner| Sport Caged | Smitty 12klb Winch | Poison Spyder BFH Comp Bumper | Smitty XRC Rear bumper/swing | Riddler Diff covers | Chopped Flares |

JK Super Freak

you need to slightly lower it by turning the end to be able to pull it out. slightly raise the jack to lock it back into place when you are done.

Sorry, I just had to do that.
    About a week after we got the JK for wife, I was looking over things and tried to get the jack out. Well after about 1/2 an hour I finally figgured it out. Me, having retired from the Navy as a Senior Chief Gunners Mate, and working full time as an electrician at a large printing facility.
    "And with one Voice, the People may express the grateful feelings of their hearts, and consecrate themselves to the service of their Divine Benefactor, to afford His blessing on the Governments of these States respectively, and prosper the public council of the whole with that Wisdom and Fortitude which may render them fit Instruments, under the Providence of Almighty God, to secure for these United States, the greatest of all human blessings, Independence and Peace."

www.pafoa.org

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrel View Post
    Sorry, I just had to do that.
    About a week after we got the JK for wife, I was looking over things and tried to get the jack out. Well after about 1/2 an hour I finally figgured it out. Me, having retired from the Navy as a Senior Chief Gunners Mate, and working full time as an electrician at a large printing facility.
    Just goes to show you us zoomies are smarter (retired Chief Master Sergeant): I had no problems figuring out how to get the jack out. Just don't ask me how long it took to figure out how to turn off the rear dome light in my Jeep.

JK Jedi Master

Turn ignition on/off while pressing the brake three times, jump out run around the jeep 3 times , stop , turn jack knob to left.

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeep View Post
    Turn ignition on/off while pressing the brake three times, jump out run around the jeep 3 times , stop , turn jack knob to left.

My JK comes with a jack? As in the device for lifting it like to change a tire? Really?
    07 Unlimited Sahara 4dr. Redrock Crystal Pearl

Hey, that almost sounds like a chinise fire drill we used to do in the early 60's.
    "And with one Voice, the People may express the grateful feelings of their hearts, and consecrate themselves to the service of their Divine Benefactor, to afford His blessing on the Governments of these States respectively, and prosper the public council of the whole with that Wisdom and Fortitude which may render them fit Instruments, under the Providence of Almighty God, to secure for these United States, the greatest of all human blessings, Independence and Peace."

www.pafoa.org

Isn't that how you disable the ESP?

Clockwise or counter-clockwise?

Throw in a few jumping jacks for good measure.
    2008 Bright Silver Rubicon 2 door
    Somewhat Stock

OFF ROAD EVOLUTION

11. Default JK-Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast