Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help me get more heat for rear foot passenger...please?

Old 02-13-2014, 06:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Lava jacket

Check out the ACE engineering lava jacket. They also sell and extension sleeve to use with another jacket for backseat passengers. The sleeve could be used alone to route heat where you wanted.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lowendrider
Check out the ACE engineering lava jacket. They also sell and extension sleeve to use with another jacket for backseat passengers. The sleeve could be used alone to route heat where you wanted.
I'll have to email AJ at Ace and suggest they make lava footwarmers...
Old 09-13-2014, 08:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any solutions yet? We hit -66C / -86F here last February and I have a new Jeeper expected to be born at the end of November. I'm installing "Astrofoil" (tinfoil bubble wrap) under the carpet and on the ceiling. It's not cheep but should reflect the cold out and the heat in, they use similar stuff in astronauts suits. Any electric heaters anyone has tried? Looking for some success stories to help avoid a kidcicle on the way to grandmas!
Here's a pic from earlier this week so you get the idea...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2764099518.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	575573
Old 09-13-2014, 09:02 PM
JK Freak

Your feet are cold in the winter? They make something for this, they are called wool socks, over them you put insulated boots. This is what people have done to keep their feet warm in wet and cold conditions for several thousand years, I have good results with said methods.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jonny K's JK
Any solutions yet? We hit -66C / -86F here last February and I have a new Jeeper expected to be born at the end of November. I'm installing "Astrofoil" (tinfoil bubble wrap) under the carpet and on the ceiling. It's not cheep but should reflect the cold out and the heat in, they use similar stuff in astronauts suits. Any electric heaters anyone has tried? Looking for some success stories to help avoid a kidcicle on the way to grandmas!
Here's a pic from earlier this week so you get the idea...

Attachment 575573
putting seat heaters in your rears and having the top insulated will keep it as warm everywhere in the jeep as it is in the front seats once you let it warm up inside. Just make sure you point the center dash vents between the front seats to blow toasty air back, the seats will be warm if you install heaters in them and even the cargo area will not be fridgid.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to agree with the wool socks and boots. Prob the easiest and best option

Last edited by jrod250; 09-14-2014 at 01:41 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

If you just want heat back there and don't care how it looks you can pull out the vent cover and attach a smaller dryer hose and run it back there and have the passengers under a blanket...
I made a little deal for my kids like that when they had gymnastics in the winter, attached the hose to a plastic coupler that was from a metal tube style bunk bed. Probably looked ghetto but it worked and no one really ever saw it but me. When I wasn't using it I could toss it behind the seat and put the vent cover on.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Perhaps some of the responding posters missed the -86 degrees F.

You need some type of heater core run off of the coolant lines to fight off that kind of cold.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wool socks eh? Winter boots eh? Being from Canada believe it or not I have heard of these things but thanks for the helpful and not sarcastic at all tips though!! Usually I just let the back seat passengers suffer but I'm talking about a new baby. Grandma is an 8 hour drive away, last year on the drive defrost had to be on full blast to keep as much window defrosted as possible (probably going to do the PVC vent mod) and didn't dare switch it to defrost/floor and certainly not vent. Cardboard in front of the radiator only helps to keep more window defrosted. 1/4" tubing around rad hose then to windshield washer nozzles helps the vision.
Like the idea of a heater core but couldn't find a write up. I guess go to the wreckers and wing it. Probably going to do heated seat covers too.
Thanks for the ideas I gotta do something or my wife will trade my Jeep for a minivan *shudders looses sleep*
Old 09-17-2014, 04:03 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonny K's JK
Like the idea of a heater core but couldn't find a write up.
Don't let that stop you. The little heaters come with installation instructions. You'll probably be the first to install one in a JK.

I've seen these in action, in cars and step vans. It's really the best way to go when it's down to the temps you see.

Here's an example: Aux Heater

Last edited by ronjenx; 09-17-2014 at 04:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Help me get more heat for rear foot passenger...please?