Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help me get more heat for rear foot passenger...please?

Old 09-17-2014, 07:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the little $20 heater from harbor freight. Works like a gem. It helps a lot. Plugs right into the 12v socket.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonny K's JK
Wool socks eh? Winter boots eh? Being from Canada believe it or not I have heard of these things but thanks for the helpful and not sarcastic at all tips though!! Usually I just let the back seat passengers suffer but I'm talking about a new baby. Grandma is an 8 hour drive away, last year on the drive defrost had to be on full blast to keep as much window defrosted as possible (probably going to do the PVC vent mod) and didn't dare switch it to defrost/floor and certainly not vent. Cardboard in front of the radiator only helps to keep more window defrosted. 1/4" tubing around rad hose then to windshield washer nozzles helps the vision.
Like the idea of a heater core but couldn't find a write up. I guess go to the wreckers and wing it. Probably going to do heated seat covers too.
Thanks for the ideas I gotta do something or my wife will trade my Jeep for a minivan *shudders looses sleep*
Seriously try a dryer hose and blanket.... Shit works
Old 09-17-2014, 10:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Don't let that stop you. The little heaters come with installation instructions. You'll probably be the first to install one in a JK. I've seen these in action, in cars and step vans. It's really the best way to go when it's down to the temps you see. Here's an example: Aux Heater
Decent!! Gonna have to try one of those. Thanks Ronjenx!!
Old 09-17-2014, 10:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonny K's JK
Wool socks eh? Winter boots eh? Being from Canada believe it or not I have heard of these things but thanks for the helpful and not sarcastic at all tips though!! Usually I just let the back seat passengers suffer but I'm talking about a new baby. Grandma is an 8 hour drive away, last year on the drive defrost had to be on full blast to keep as much window defrosted as possible (probably going to do the PVC vent mod) and didn't dare switch it to defrost/floor and certainly not vent. Cardboard in front of the radiator only helps to keep more window defrosted. 1/4" tubing around rad hose then to windshield washer nozzles helps the vision.
Like the idea of a heater core but couldn't find a write up. I guess go to the wreckers and wing it. Probably going to do heated seat covers too.
Thanks for the ideas I gotta do something or my wife will trade my Jeep for a minivan *shudders looses sleep*
Your best bet here is seat heater cores or heated covers and insulating the interior. Obviously you should never go on an 8 hour drive in -86 F temps either, anything colder then -40 F is emergency travel only for a reason, you get stranded or stuck and you die fast.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4244718145.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	577561

Used "Astrofoil" installed under carpet, gotta say it made it a lot quieter for sure. Did front and back, then installed carpets. Next step is to do the ceiling. Probably going to go with an electric aux heater (temp won't be affected by cold engine temps), will keep posting pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-206422747.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	577555   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3278874073.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	577556   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-579192519.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	577557   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3729289764.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	577558   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2940911834.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	577559  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-110425067.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	577560  

Quick Reply: Help me get more heat for rear foot passenger...please?