Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

help with traction and esp lights staying on

Old 04-23-2014, 09:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default help with traction and esp lights staying on

Have a 2010 2 door Jk. Its is stock no major mods. The other day driving on the parkway at about 70 mph the traction and esp lights came on. Jeep drove totally normal but the lights are still on. I have about 37k on the odo so I'm out of warranty. Anyone know what this might be and if there's a cheap fix before I am forced to take it to the dealer? Thanks in advance. Oh also its a manual if that matters.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First thing check that you steering wheel is perfectly straight. If it's off center it can cause your problem. If it's straight then you need to buy a quality scanner that reads abs codes or take it somewhere to have them read. It's probably a speed sensor or bad unit bearing. The code will tell you which one has the problem. Their are many threads on this if you search.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggy
First thing check that you steering wheel is perfectly straight. If it's off center it can cause your problem. If it's straight then you need to buy a quality scanner that reads abs codes or take it somewhere to have them read. It's probably a speed sensor or bad unit bearing. The code will tell you which one has the problem. Their are many threads on this if you search.
X2 on this... Except u don't need to buy a scanner. Just goto autozone and they will give u one to use in the parking lot

Sent from my obama monitoring device

Quick Reply: help with traction and esp lights staying on