Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Houston area shop recommendations?

Old 04-01-2014, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houston area shop recommendations?

I've got a check engine light gremlin that I'm about to throw in the towel on. Any Houstonians out there have recommendations on shops/mechanics they've used that they could recommend?
Old 04-01-2014, 08:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ryno1
I've got a check engine light gremlin that I'm about to throw in the towel on. Any Houstonians out there have recommendations on shops/mechanics they've used that they could recommend?
whats the code ?
Old 04-01-2014, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

P0152 (B2S1 O2 sensor voltage high) & P0300 (multiple random misfire)
Old 04-15-2014, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Anything?

Still getting my p0300 code and need to get it fixed. Got a ticket for expired inspection.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default UPDATE - Fixed (not by me)

After all the hassle trying to chase down the cause of the codes I was getting (P0152 & P0300), I dropped my Jeep off at the dealership and just told them to fix it. They replaced the b2s1 O2 sensor and flashed the PCM ($260). Fixed it.

I had read some posts before about non-Chrysler 02 sensors not working well, but I pretty much dismissed them partly b/c I figured the Bosch sensor I got was only $25 at Autozone and if it didn't work then I wasn't out much money. My conclusion is - it matters. Also, is flashing the PCM something that has to be done at the dealership or could I have done that? Is that something that has to be done as part of replacing the O2 sensor no matter what brand you get? Would doing it after installing the Bosch sensor have made a difference?

Quick Reply: Houston area shop recommendations?