Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

After Deer Hit - Dealer Does Damage

Old 08-31-2010, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After Deer Hit - Dealer Does Damage

First to be clear, the Jeep dealer was not the repairing dealership. However the repair facility did use to have Jeep prior to the Chrysler bailout.

As some of you know I hit a deer with my 60 day old 2010 Rubicon. It did about $3500 in damage. The collision center called me after a week and stated it was complete. It looked horrible and they had to redo ALL of the work from before plus the stuff they didn't replace that was damaged.

On the second attempt, the door got damaged again before I could get to the shop (30 minutes).

I picked it up with the insurance company last night after the third repair. There are still bubbles under the decals, the window weatherstrip on the drivers door isn't sitting right, the windshield bumpers on the hood won't stay in(clips broke) and the color was a bit thin on the grill. I was willing to deal with the grill because it is one small spot near the bottom and will be behind the winch. They asked me to give the decals and weatherstrip a couple of days to see it the sun would take care of it (it isn't working so far) and if it didn't, they would replace them when I came to pickup the windshield bumpers.

Since I got it home, I noticed the door lock isn't working right, two clips are missing on the front fender flare (one in back and one in front so the flare moves around) and they had put a piece of barrier paper over the door opening while it was in the shop and the tape damaged the rear soft window.

The repairs so far have taken 3 weeks and the additional charges on the rental car were about $200 more than they should have been.

I don't intend on giving them the $100 deductible plus I am planning on making them replace teh rear window and fix the door lock. I just won't leave it with them if I cannot be there to monitor their work now. I obviously don't trust them at all now.

Anybody see anything else I should go after? They did lose their Pro-Shop status with my insurance company as well. I think they got hit pretty hard (well deserved) but I also think they may need a bit more.

On the bright side they matched the Mango Tango paint beautifully and they painted my 4 D-Ring Shackles to match.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:20 PM
JK Junkie

That sucks dude. You've been through a lot with that Jeep. Hang in there and keep on their case, eventually you'll be made whole.

As for other things to go after... So far your list sounds good to me.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:43 PM
JK Freak

Will your insurance not allow you to take it elsewhere?

I once had a girl's jealous ex boyfriend throw a rock through my rear windshield of my old truck. He was a pitcher on a college baseball team and he sure had an arm as it cracked my front windshield too! I had to have both replaced and in doing so, the repair company ruined my dash! The insurance just kept having me go from one repair shop to the next until it was repaired to my liking.

I really hope you get fixed up soon!
Old 08-31-2010, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

The problem now is that the remaining damage was caused by the repair shop. I am going to call the insurance company tomorrow to see what my options are now.

After 3 weeks of this, I am getting to the point where I just want to give up but know I won't.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:57 PM
JK Freak

So... What happened to the Deer?
Old 08-31-2010, 06:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would ask the insurance company if you could take it to a shop that knows what they are doing. Sounds like the shop you used had there head up there ass. I would rase hell if things weren't right.

Good luck.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cppower
So... What happened to the Deer?
I couldn't find him when I went back in the dark right after the accident. I did find him about 2 hours later when I went back. By that time he had been roasting in 100 degree heat.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Serg5000
I would ask the insurance company if you could take it to a shop that knows what they are doing. Sounds like the shop you used had there head up there ass. I would rase hell if things weren't right.

Good luck.
That will probably happen tomorrow. This shop was terrible. If I hadn't moved last year, I would have had a perfect job from an old trusted shop I've used for years.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:30 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ScruffyRubicon
I couldn't find him when I went back in the dark right after the accident. I did find him about 2 hours later when I went back. By that time he had been roasting in 100 degree heat.
Did u call a bambalance?
nsfw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRfOPquP_1Y
Old 09-01-2010, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel for you man. I was tboned 2 years to the day i bought my first JK. It was in the repair shop for about 6 months. it was returned to me 3 times by first shop. It took the 3 moths to geta door. On first pick up the jeep was a mess. Door was out of wack, paint was crazy. The body seams had big gaps. 2nd time jeep was different color, then the door was still fubr and to add to that they broke ever piece of trim on the jeep.. 3rd time they put the tail gate un at an upward angle. wouldnt shut. Then washed the jeep, doors where off and ended up soaking the dash and capet and seats. Now instead of saing that the doors where of the statied that they washed it with the windows down. Next shop, i know the owner. Only thing he could say due to insurance curtisy was what a can of worms. They replaced all trim. repainted the jeep twic to get the color right. then fixed some of the damaged panels they left in it. Then they detailed the jeep and said let me know if i can help any more. Altough it still had some damage left the insurance would not pay for the to take it back apart again.

Quick Reply: After Deer Hit - Dealer Does Damage