Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I cant stand my Hawk LTS pads

Old 08-22-2016, 04:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default well maybe its worth getting

better brakes than to worry bout brake dust ?after all its a jeep not a caddy
Old 08-22-2016, 05:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
better brakes than to worry bout brake dust ?after all its a jeep not a caddy
There's a happy median. Don't mind a jeep filthy with mud, but to me, wheels covered with brake dust make me think of some low life's beater car that they don't care about.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed my LTS pads a few hundred miles ago in the rear along with the mopar BBK up front. No noise or dust issues yet, but the thing sure stops now.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd rather have dirty wheels than a smashed front end. Jeep brakes kind of suck. I wouldn't even consider 35s with stock brakes in heavy traffic. The guy in front of me likely can stop faster than I can but then again, my last Jeep was rear ended by a BMW and those things have great brakes.
Old 08-28-2016, 06:34 PM
JK Junkie

Default well

i bought them im gonna try em! im not to worried about dust anyway . you can clean them up few times a year , id rather have better stopping power when i hit the brakes
Old 08-29-2016, 05:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
i bought them im gonna try em! im not to worried about dust anyway . you can clean them up few times a year , id rather have better stopping power when i hit the brakes
Please follow up later and let us know if you see increased stopping power and what level of dust you have.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I upgraded a few years ago to the power-stop brake kit with the ceramic pads and although they were better than stock I have since put on the Hawk pads and they are even better than the power-stop ceramics. With the ceramics I didn't get any brake dust but I did have brake fade on long downhill descents. The Hawk pads I do get brake dust but the stopping power is well worth it IMO, no brake fade anymore either.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A couple of years ago I thought I'd be smart putting Hawk pads on myself : got more brake dust, and they wore out much quicker than the stock/regular Jeep brake pads. I've since gone back to dealer supplied brake pads.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
JK Junkie

Default i would but...

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
Please follow up later and let us know if you see increased stopping power and what level of dust you have.
had the wheels off for rotation, and checked the factory pads at 45,000 front
and they still have a lot of life left to the factory ones so, when they do wear out
ill have the hawk lts as a back up set i guess . but they still were 1/2 inch thick with no sign of serious wear on them at all . when i do end up tossing them in ill post up on them . But cant see replacing them @ this point . Ill run the factory ones till they wear down . I was expecting them to be way down. Not the case. My rears were replaced at 20,000 miles along with rear rotors they were toast
inspecting them today they were still in good shape but they only run the width of the pad against the rotors and the rotors rust up and corrode above and below where the pads slide on surface . Crappy rear brake system if you ask me . i also replaced emergency brake pads on both rears at 20,000 Those were toast as well when the rotors came off the E brake pads were falling apart and had to be replaced from corrosion . Those emergency brake pads are a pita to replace just to forewarn anyone lol spring loaded not to mention the rotors dont exactly pull right off either after 20,000 miles/ if you havent done them you might want to check into it to see the shape there in
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wrangler-jk-rear-parking-brake-parts.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	655633  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 08-29-2016 at 05:23 PM.

Quick Reply: I cant stand my Hawk LTS pads