Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Improperly Installed PCV valve?

Old 10-06-2015, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Improperly Installed PCV valve?

Hello all. Have been trying to figure out a misfire and started with the basics. Went to install new PCV today and found that original valve was loose in the seat allowing oil to pass around rubber seal. It seems the factory install was pushed beyond where it should be seated. While very difficult to get out, was very loose. Or is this how it should be?

Anyone else experience this? I'm thinking it may have caused fouled plugs, or am I way off on my assumption?

Thanks
Old 10-07-2015, 09:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ks182
Hello all. Have been trying to figure out a misfire and started with the basics. Went to install new PCV today and found that original valve was loose in the seat allowing oil to pass around rubber seal. It seems the factory install was pushed beyond where it should be seated. While very difficult to get out, was very loose. Or is this how it should be?

Anyone else experience this? I'm thinking it may have caused fouled plugs, or am I way off on my assumption?

Thanks
My PCV valve was also difficult to get out. I wouldn't say mine was loose though. Here's a thread on it: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...-valve-307717/
Old 10-08-2015, 12:03 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by ks182
... original valve was loose in the seat allowing oil to pass around rubber seal. It seems the factory install was pushed beyond where it should be seated. While very difficult to get out, was very loose. ...
The PCV valve shouldn't be loose like that. Are you sure the valve cover hasn't been damaged?

Being tough to pull out is a common complaint. It took a huge lever and (I had to call) a 275 pound, 6' 4" friend of mine, plus little old me, to get mine out. I've read that doing it when the engine is hot makes it a lot easier--after my own struggles, LOL!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep Work, Feb 14, N5_1757, Jeep PCV Valve Swap.jpg
Views:	940
Size:	957.0 KB
ID:	626659
Old 10-08-2015, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the responses. Yes, surely loose. Oil and all was getting aound it, and, yes, a bear to remove. Since replacing valve, running better but not 100%. Not throwing codes yet. Plugs next..................

Quick Reply: Improperly Installed PCV valve?