Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jeep Pulling Right - Dealer says "Nothing Wrong"

Old 03-24-2017, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

take some side walk chalk and mark the front and back of your tire about mid tread and equal distance from the ground or half way up. Measure front and record, measure rear and record. The front should be between 1/8-14 narrower than the rear.

Next measur the distance from axle tube to the tie rod on both sides. They should be equal. If not you have a bent tie rod. That can happen pulling into a parking spot and Turing your wheel too close to the curb.

Is your steering wheel straight?

Following to see what the outcome is.

R/
Will
Old 03-27-2017, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Something often overlooked is tire pressure. Is the pressure the same in all the tires?
Old 03-27-2017, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Canvas
take some side walk chalk and mark the front and back of your tire about mid tread and equal distance from the ground or half way up. Measure front and record, measure rear and record. The front should be between 1/8-14 narrower than the rear.

Next measur the distance from axle tube to the tie rod on both sides. They should be equal. If not you have a bent tie rod. That can happen pulling into a parking spot and Turing your wheel too close to the curb.

Is your steering wheel straight?

Following to see what the outcome is.

R/
Will

So I measured each wheel base (I think that's what you meant for me to do, but not totally sure, so correct me if I'm wrong) to see if anything jumped out at me and all seemed well.

I had trouble measuring the distance from the tie rod to the axle tube because the tie rod isn't a straight bar on the '15 JKU. I tried a couple of different ways but can't honestly say a I found a reliable way of doing it. If you have any suggestions my ears are open - there's a lot of stuff down there that kind of gets in the way of a straight line measurement as well :(

Checked tire pressure, even 36 psi across all four tires, so no issues there.

I picked my jeep up from the dealership and they said they had aligned it again and made it drive straight, but this time didn't leave me an alignment spec sheet to show what they had done, so I took it back in today and had to leave it there all day so they could put it on the rack again and give me an alignment sheet. Makes me think they probably "aligned" it out of spec to try to get it to drive straight because they were extremely reluctant to give me the spec for the alignment they had done. We'll see when I get it back this afternoon...

I've elevated my situation to a service manager at another dealership in the same city...he hasn't responded. This will easily be the last time I buy anything from a dealer - especially Chrysler.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:53 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

How about posting an early alignment sheet, along with the latest one?
Old 03-27-2017, 10:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ronjenx
How about posting an early alignment sheet, along with the latest one?
I've attached two, one one March 10th - the day the cam bolts were installed - and another March 22nd, the alignment that the dealership did last week. I still haven't gotten the most recent sheet from the dealer...Click image for larger version

Name:	image-20170310_132857.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	669169Click image for larger version

Name:	20170323_123053.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	669170
Old 03-27-2017, 12:11 PM
JK Newbie

And here is the alignment sheet that I got for the most recent alignment...which literally make no sense. I'm about ready to call it quits.Click image for larger version

Name:	20170327_150806.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	669183

Quick Reply: Jeep Pulling Right - Dealer says "Nothing Wrong"